Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Missing WASAPI (Event/Push) in foobar2000 v2.0 (Read 1136 times) previous topic - next topic

Missing WASAPI (Event/Push) in foobar2000 v2.0

When installing the WASAPI shared output 0.6.21 component in foobar2000 v2.0, the (event) or (push) modes do not appear in the "Output" settings. Only WASAPI (shared) is available.
Why is this happening? And how can it be resolved to enable (event) or (push) instead of (shared)?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Re: Missing WASAPI (Event/Push) in foobar2000 v2.0

Reply #1
No need for any components nowadays. Default output is WASAPI shared since foobar v1.6. Select built-in output labeled "[exclusive]" for WASAPI event. If needed WASAPI push mode can be enabled in Preferences > Advanced.

Reply #2
And where exactly? Please point it out. I couldn't find the WASAPI push mode in the Advanced Settings.

Reply #3
Push mode can enabled in Preferences > Advanced > Playback > enable 'Exclusive Output Overrides' and turn 'Use Event' off.

Reply #4
Push mode can enabled in Preferences > Advanced > Playback > enable 'Exclusive Output Overrides' and turn 'Use Event' off.
Thanks!

Reply #5
Do you have some issues with audio quality when not using Push mode? I believe Peter would like to make the system automatically use working settings for people, so I think he'd appreciate the name of the device that can't handle the more efficient event based scheduling.