Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tablet/trackpad + many splitters in DUI = layout broken upon restart (Read 3232 times) previous topic - next topic

Tablet/trackpad + many splitters in DUI = layout broken upon restart

Hi,

I was editing a layout for a DefaultUI config, this layout made (some splitters (8), 2 tabs splitter, 1 lyric show panel v3 and for the illustration, empty panels are filled with WSH Panel Mod panels...)

but when i restart foobar2000, the layout is broken for some panels (splitter limits/sizes ignored and messed up), looks :

==> 2 panels have bad size : the lyrics show panel v3 and one of the WSH panel Mod,...

On resizing the inside panels, that fix the issue, so it only happens on init...

it seems that happens when number of panels/splitters become greater to a certain limit, in my try, there are 8 splitter (left/rigth & up/bottom) + 2 tabs splitter ... that's not really big, and so, it looks really like a bug on arranging panels on startup/init of DefaultUI

any help and bug fixing would be really appreciated

Thanx by advance for any feedback please.

EDIT: and on resize, more glitches on the panels in the tabs splitter, here is a screenshot after a resize from the right : http://i.imgur.com/KBce8.jpg

EDIT 2: more info : it happens too on a clear layout on which i split in 3 verticals parts, and in the middle part, i split it in 3 horizontal parts, then in the middle part i insert a Tabs and in the first tab i insert a Console panel (do the same with lyrics show panel v3 or WSH Panel Mod ...), and on resizing ==> same glitches as above :

HTH

EDIT 3: here is the 1st layout for testing (import the .fth then resize, then restart foobar ...) : http://br3tt.free.fr/files/dui_test.zip

Reply #1
I can't reproduce that second layout issue in the scratchbox, at least if I add the secondary splitters on the right and the bottom.

Reply #2
i can't reproduce either problem. your .fth file behaves as expected after numerous restarts/resizes and i can't make the console scrollbar glitch either.

edit: can you test on another computer? i seem to remember a post by you recently in the WSH panel mod script thread where you mentioned you had a laptop and desktop???

Reply #3
thanx both for the feedback. i've tested on another PC (laptop under Seven x64) and i can't reproduce the issue on it ... weird that it happens only on my desktop computer (Seven x64 too)...

any idea ?

Reply #4
Installed driver or third party application meddling with application windows? I think msconfig has a clean startup option that temporarily disables all startup software.

Reply #5
ok, origin of the malfunction found. i've uninstalled my WACOM tablet driver (bamboo), and now it's ok.

SO, foobar2000 seems to have problems with some tablet drivers on adding too much splitters in the defaultUI, because as said previously, all is (/was) ok with a small number of splitter and Tabs, but when there are more than 3 vertical splitters with horizontal ones, some panels are (/were) not refreshed on resize and/or are (/were) badly initalized on restart.

maybe something can be search that way to avoid this kind of incompatibility noticed by the foobar2000 dev team, now that i have isolated what is the guilty driver ?

thanx by advance, and if anyone had a WACOM tablet installed on it's desktop PC, if he could test the layout posted in the 1st post to confirm or not that the problem is general with these WACOM Bamboo Drivers, it could help too.

*let's hope now*

Reply #6
Hi again,

bad news ... the glitches and bad resizing happens now on my laptop PC too !!! i suspect the mouse pointer system of my sony laptop S series, but i think it's really a general problem that foobar2000 has with touch/tactile mouse pointing systems.

when resizing from the main foobar2000 window, one of my 2 Tabs panels do not resize (the panels in it : playlist manager or console or WSH panel mod), but if i move a splitter upper it, the Tabs is reset to the right size!

i'll post screenshots asap, but if a Moderator could rename the topic as it's not only related to WACOM Bamboo Drivers but to any touch/tactile (pad or tablet) systems with DUI, thank you.

Reply #7
In layout editing mode, you can lock the height and/or width of panels.  This has caused me some resizing issues in the past similar to yours.  Try unchecking all the lock pane height\width options and see if that helps.