Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hidden Album Art in ID3vN tag? (Read 4162 times) previous topic - next topic

Hidden Album Art in ID3vN tag?

Hello everyone,
Hopefully this is the right section to talk about this.

I want to have all my albums without album art inside the file, only 600x600.jpg on the folder.

Some of them are so hard to remove I haven't found a way yet. .mp3 or .flac, I've tried with foobar2000, Mp3tag, TagScanner, MusicBee, MediaMonkey, dBpoweramp, Easy CD-DA Extractor but nothing, I don't see the album art and I can't remove it.

1) How do I remove it?

2) How the heck did I insert the album art in that way in the first place?

Thank you,

Reply #1
If you can't see the album art to remove it using all of the tools named, then how do you know it's there?

Also, you need to answer question 2 (because you are the only person who knows what you have done to date), then maybe we can help you answer question 1.

Reply #2
Good question, when I click each file on the folder Windows 7 shows the album art preview on the bottom left of the window. I've tried to rename the folder and change the properties of the folder just in case it was the folder cache, album art still there.

Reply #3
Show hidden files, delete thumbs.db in each folder.

Reply #4
I've already done all these Windows things. The problem is IN the file.

The file thumbs.db is created only when you change the file list to Thumbnails (or anything other than List and Details on Windows 7), I never said I did that, just click the file once and you see the preview on the bottom left of the window.

Reply #5
Windows reads previews from thumbs.db, as well as icons in thumbnail mode. Have you deleted thumbs.db, just to eliminate it as a possible cause of the problem?

Reply #6
Yes, all the files are deleted, even the hidden Album and AlbumArt from every music folder.

* There must be a different file/folder cache I don't know about. I've just copied the folder onto my laptop and the album arts are NOT in the files. I will have to find a deeper software like the old TweakUI to force clear the file/folder cache.

Reply #8
The funny thing is, I've already did that...twice, thinking the problem absolutely was the cache, that's why I ended up coming here.

I have to find a software that clears and refreshed the files/folders/cache.

*Never thought of turning it off though, doing it right now. Thanks.

Reply #9
Cache rebuilt again, turned off and restarted, I can still see the album art.

1) If all these software I tried don't show the album art it means it's really not there right? I the answer is yes I will find a way to fix this.

2) Is there an IDv"N" that only a special/different software can read?

Thanks.

Reply #10
I must admit I'm out of ideas. If only Windows can see it, and deleting it from the two Windows caches (thumbs.db and %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_xxx.db) doesn't work, then I have no idea where it might be hiding!

Reply #11
Is Mp3tag the only tool I need for removing the Album Art? Once is gone from Mp3tag is gone for real? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks again.

Reply #12
MP3Tag always works for me.

Reply #13
MP3Tag always works for me.

It always work for me as well, is it the only tool we need though? Does it access every IDv"N"?

*Confirmed again it's only a Windows issue. Tracks converted from .flac to .m4a (AAC), copied them to iTunes and the Album Art wasn't there.

Reply #14
Have you tried telling mp3tag to remove all tags. Just make sure you have a copy of the data somewhere and remove them.

I have a couple of albums which fb2k sees a Various Artists tag which I can't edit and mp3tag can't see yet fb2k is still using it for grouping. If I remove all tags it clears it.