Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 interferes with Photoshop CS5 hotkeys? (Read 3569 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 interferes with Photoshop CS5 hotkeys?

Hello! For some reason foobar2000 interferes with Photoshop CS5's shortcuts "Ctrl + Alt + Z" and "Ctrl + Shift + Z" which are two very vital shortcuts I use regularly otherwise.
I checked foobar2000's own keyboard shortcuts but I couldn't find anyone that coincide with Photoshop's.
I can guarantee you that foobar2000 is interfering because when it is shut off, the shortcuts work in Photoshop and vice versa when foobar2000 is on.

Components used:

I'm using Foobar2000 version 1.10 (latest stable) under Windows 7 x64 and Photoshop CS5 version 12.0 x64

Reply #1
bump

This is a real problem. I need help with this.

UPDATE: I tried to actually add this command into foobar2000. I can't. I press Ctrl+Alt+Z and foobar either returns Shift+Insert or just Z. I tried this while NOT running Photoshop. I then experimented with PS running and got the same results. I think foobar2000 is interfering with Photoshop because this hotkey press is bugged.

Reply #2
Does this happen with out-of-the-box fb2k also? I can map Ctrl-Alt-Z, Ctrl-Shift-Z and every other combination on my machine to fb2k shortcuts. I don't have Photoshop to test this on my machine, so can't verify if there is a problem with these shortcut configurations or not. But please test this with fresh install of fb2k (if you want to be sure not to lose anything in the process, backup your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000 folder (on Vista and Win7) or c:\Documents and settings\<user name>\Application data\foobar2000 on xp).)
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Reply #3
Does this happen with out-of-the-box fb2k also? I can map Ctrl-Alt-Z, Ctrl-Shift-Z and every other combination on my machine to fb2k shortcuts. I don't have Photoshop to test this on my machine, so can't verify if there is a problem with these shortcut configurations or not. But please test this with fresh install of fb2k (if you want to be sure not to lose anything in the process, backup your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000 folder (on Vista and Win7) or c:\Documents and settings\<user name>\Application data\foobar2000 on xp).)

Tried a fresh install and it worked fine.
Went back to my old setup and it's interfering again! Must be one of my components, will report back when I have found out which one is the bad guy.

Reply #4

Tried a fresh install and it worked fine.
Went back to my old setup and it's interfering again! Must be one of my components, will report back when I have found out which one is the bad guy.

Found it out!! AMIP is interfering with Photoshop CS5. As soon as I installed it to a fresh copy of foobar2000, photoshop's hotkey didn't work. What a relief to have found out, finally.