Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What is a good component (or method) to sync with Android devices? (Read 16564 times) previous topic - next topic

What is a good component (or method) to sync with Android devices?

Hi all,

I just upgraded from an iPhone to an Android phone (yay).  I'd made the change from iTunes to foobar2000 about 6 months ago, and the foo_dop / iPodManager component was working very well for me:

- sync specific playlists, and generate playlists on the device too.
- convert from formats my player couldn't support (most of my music is FLAC)
- only synchronise changes
- includes metadata eg album art

Is there a similar component for synchronising with Android devices?  I basically want the same functionality, with the points above.  I thought it would be easier as Android allows you to just drop files in a specific directory  I've had a quick google and search on here but can't find a simple solution, what do people currently use, to sync foobar2000 with Android phones?

Thanks in advance!

Reply #1
There is no dedicated addon for androids that I am aware of. But if you sync via USB, you can use foo sync to send folders to your androids internal storage.
With playlists you have to be aware that not all mp3 software on mobiles are as nifty as foobar. I own an android myself and encountered some problems using playlists from foobar due to encoding and the presence of album artist vs artist. There are ways to solve these issues easily, but first you'd need to try and look how your mp3 playback software on the android handles the playlists.

Reply #3
Thanks for the links, I'm just very surprised there is so little out there... may have to write my own or port someone else's stuff to work with android...

Reply #4
If you write your own, count me in for beta testing