Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DBpoweramp - right click FLAC file: Audio properties (Read 6691 times) previous topic - next topic

DBpoweramp - right click FLAC file: Audio properties

Is the information (Sample rate/Sample size/Bit rate/encoder etc.) that I am given correct?

Thanks

Reply #1
Why do you think it is not correct?

Reply #2
Bit rate is not precisely correct for lossless files in general as it differs with what foobar2000 shows.
But I guess other things (sample rate etc) should be fine. I haven't tested.

Reply #3
Bit rate is not precisely correct for lossless files in general as it differs with what foobar2000 shows.
But I guess other things (sample rate etc) should be fine. I haven't tested.

How do you know it's not foobar that's wrong and dbPoweramp that's correct?

Reply #4
For lossless audio we always show the uncompressed bitrate, not compressed.

Reply #5
For lossless audio we always show the uncompressed bitrate, not compressed.

Why's that? If you can see the sample rate and bit depth (sample size) already, why show the bitrate of PCM instead of flac?
"I hear it when I see it."

Reply #6
Often bitrate is used to determine quality, ie sort a list of mixed tracks by bitrate. In such a comparison possibly having flac appear down the list behind mp3 files would be silly. We are always up-against a tide of people who think just because flac is compressed it is of lessor quality to wave, hence why we present both as having the same bitrate.