Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converting apl to mp3 (Read 3364 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting apl to mp3

Hi All

Sorry if this topic has been answered before, but I've spent 30mins searching the forum and haven't found an answer.

I'm tyring to convert my music from Monkey's Audio to mp3 for portable use. My music is stored in a single ape file, with apl files for each track, eg:

ape/artist/album/artist - album.ape (for the actual music)
ape/artist/album/xx - artist - track name.apl (xx is track number)

I load the apl files into fb2k, and playback is fine. When I try and convert using clienc, I get no output. I've managed to get diskwriter to output wav files, but for some reason I cannot get clienc to out put anything.
Will it only work with ape files as an input or should it work with apl files as well?

Ideally, I'd like to store the resulting mp3 files in a new directory structure, eg:
mp3/artist/album/xx - artist - track name.mp3 (xx is track number).
I'm fairly sure fb2k will do this with the correct parameters, but first I need to get the file conversion working.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Audio Spyder

Converting apl to mp3

Reply #1
Have you set the location of lame.exe in clienc preferences?

Does clienc work with other files?

Converting apl to mp3

Reply #2
Have you set the location of lame.exe in clienc preferences?

Does clienc work with other files?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm fairly sure I've set the location - but i'll have to check when I get home.

I'll also try it with another file type.

- Audio Sypder

Converting apl to mp3

Reply #3
you can easily do this in Monkeys Audio itself, just select convert mode, configure the arguements (compress-> external->lame->configure) and add the lame.exe into the /monkey's audio/external/ dir, and then just add the .apl's into the file list and hit convert.
that's all!