Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC giving error when using --preset insane (Read 3414 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC giving error when using --preset insane

Hello everyone,

I'm new here so I expect I'm missing something or overlooking something in the vast knowledge I've read through in the wiki.

I want to use LAME encoder in EAC and have set it up to use preset insane. But I get the following error:

I've used the tutorial EAC and Lame to set up the compression options like this:

When I set the parameter passing scheme to LAME encoder EAC does go along with the compression. But the EAC and Lame wiki page suggests to use user defined encoder. I really don't get it why it doesn't work

Help would be much appreciated!

Reply #1
You're not giving LAME any input or output files on the command line...kinda hard to encode nothing to nothing.

Your command line should (at least) look like this:

Code: [Select]
--preset insane %s %d

You can also add tagging info if you so desire, or have EAC do it.
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #2
Thanks for the info! It works now!

I just want to rip mp3 in the highest possible quality. I don't really like vbr therefore I use the insane preset. Besides the preset are there any other parameters you would recommend to get best possible quality?