Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Creating playlists by folder organization (Read 1306 times) previous topic - next topic

Creating playlists by folder organization

I have all of my music organized by folders and I want each folder to be a separate playlist, preferably with the playlist name the same as the folder.  Is there a plugin which can do this?  Yes I can move each folder one by one to the playlist window, but I have a large number, and then I have to rename each playlist.  This came up when I moved all of my "stuff" to a new computer.  I kept the same folder organization exactly.  Unfortunately I uninstalled FB from the old machine so I can not transfer the playlist files to the new one.  The play list files were well hidden.  Perhaps it would be a good deal to have FB keep the playlists in an open folder rather than hidden, so transferring music to another machine would be easy.

Re: Creating playlists by folder organization

Reply #1
Hi there,

Not sure if there is a plugin to automate it, but you can just middle-click each folder to do what you describe. That might still be a lot of clicks depending how many folders you are talking.

Go to Library menu > Configure > Media Library > Album List and change the middle-click to 'Send to New Playlist' (and untick 'Start Playback...') > OK to save. Then Library > Album List > select 'View by Folder' and middle-click them. They should get named same as the folder.

Cheers 8)