Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3 compiling problem (missing GTK library) (Read 4793 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 compiling problem (missing GTK library)

Hi to all.
I have a problem with compiling lame source code 3.98-2.
After Build solution of "lame_vc6.dsw" there are missing libraries. In projekt is wrote to download GTK+, GLib and win_iconv20090213    from site: "http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html". I download them, but I dont know where it save in LAME projekt folder.

Is it normal to make project where are missing libraries?

pls help with it
Thanks a lot

Reply #1
Imho it's better to compile lame_vc8.sln or even vc_solution\vc9_lame.sln.

Reply #2
I try it but it still doesnt work. There are missing many *.h files.
If I put the requested header file to solution from GTK+ library => every time compiler find other and other missing header file.
After that I copied whole folder to project but it doesn't do nothing. And missing header files are still there.

it must by simply solution for this, 
but why is impossible to compile project whitout errors?

If author gave created LAME project on lame website IT must work propely without adding other libraries, OR NOT?

Reply #3
I try it but it still doesnt work. There are missing many *.h files.
If I put the requested header file to solution from GTK+ library => every time compiler find other and other missing header file.
After that I copied whole folder to project but it doesn't do nothing. And missing header files are still there.

If you downloaded and unzipped the GTK SDK on your hard disk, you will have to make Visual Studio aware of its existence. You either add paths to LIB and INCLUDE system environment variables, or add those in your VS project and solution paths.
it must by simply solution for this, 
but why is impossible to compile project whitout errors?

Do you even need the mp3x frame analyzer? If not, then simply don't try to build that project. The lame encoder program compiles perfectly fine without the Gimp Toolkit SDK.
If author gave created LAME project on lame website IT must work propely without adding other libraries, OR NOT?

No. Say you wanted to compile a DirectX program on your machine. In this case, you would have to install the MS DirectX SDK first too.

Reply #4
1. Is there a difference between directX and directX SDK?
DirectX SDK (2009aug) is 533MB
So is it nessesary instal DirectX SDK application if I have clasic DirectX graphic application on system?

2. What is Frame analyser? What is is good for?

thanks for yours answers

Reply #5
So is it nessesary instal DirectX SDK application if I have clasic DirectX graphic application on system?
You need the SDK (Software Development Kit) only to build your own programs using  DirectX.
http://lame.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php

Reply #6
You need the SDK (Software Development Kit) only to build your own programs using  DirectX.

I have instaled Visial Studio 2008 and there is Microsoft SDK v5.0 and v6.0A. I it the same as DirectX SDK? 

onother question about GTK library: On the official website is GTK source, GTK binary and GTK Dev. I download it all but i dont know whitch one can I use to include to LAME project

Reply #7

SDK is part ov VIsual Studio2008, so why download SDK again?