Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4 (Read 28056 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #25
As I mentioned in my first post, there are some issues for me. I added some mp3 files today and started the ReplayGainScanner. Nothing happened. It started to analyze the files (or better: only the scanner appears).
I tried to log it via the console but even that didnt' work so I made some screenshots.

Scanner stays like this forever.

Console during that.

The only curious thing is that the music goes on and on but stops after each track. I even can't abort the scanning and if I kill the process the music added lately disappears.
Any clue?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #26
Your screenshots are broken.

Edit: Working now...

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #27
Don't you use certain broken version of foo_softplaylists? It was [a href='index.php?showtopic=76575']shown to cause similar problems[/a].
Also posting your full component list never hurts.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #28
Hello,

I just would like to ask for one simple thing
Since beta versions now expire after about four weeks since their release I find it quite useful to be able to see the expiration date somewhere in the UI.
Or is it somewhere already? I couldn't find it though.

Thank you.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #29
Check boxes don't display correctly under XP SP3 with 24bit colour depth.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #30

Is that Windows XP Mode? You do know you have to apply registry edits to that for 24-bit color depth, right? (Also, another registry edit for font smoothing.)

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #31
Guys, are we going to get something like Album Art Panel from Columns UI? I used its Preferences a la Dr. Death configuration. I could then see default images for albums having no album art depending on the file extension.    Now, I am just getting empty square image area to admire. 

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #32
Guys, are we going to get something like Album Art Panel from Columns UI? I used its Preferences a la Dr. Death configuration. I could then see default images for albums having no album art depending on the file extension.    Now, I am just getting empty square image area to admire. 

Set the Stub image path at the bottom of the Display section in the preferences to the path of your default image.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #33
Great, album art is now integrated officially.

I have two questions. What's this stub image path for? Is it possible to "shuffle" images (useful for artists' images).

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #34
This is not the first time. How should the "stub image" be called so that everybody would understand clearly it's an image to show when no other image is available?
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #35

Is that Windows XP Mode? You do know you have to apply registry edits to that for 24-bit color depth, right? (Also, another registry edit for font smoothing.)
It's not Windows XP Mode.  I just selected the highest desktop bit depth available in display properties without editing the registry :/

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #36
How should the "stub image" be called so that everybody would understand clearly it's an image to show when no other image is available?

How about "fallback image", "no-other-image-found image", "default image", "missing album art image" or "no cover found image"?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #37
Or maybe "Image to show when no other image is available".

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #38
Ok... thanks. What's about the other one? Is it possible to shuffle images so each time I click on an artist another picture may be shown?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #39
not at this time

terry

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #40
How should the "stub image" be called so that everybody would understand clearly it's an image to show when no other image is available?

How about "fallback image", "no-other-image-found image", "default image", "missing album art image" or "no cover found image"?

EDIT: I misunderstood.

Maybe something like "Fallback image".... it's nice and concise like "stub"