Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: the difference between mobile signal and telephone signal (Read 4437 times) previous topic - next topic

the difference between mobile signal and telephone signal

1. What is the difference between speech signal attained from mobile and that of telephone?

2. How to eliminate such terrible distinct difference? Is it possible? Here I only wanna  know  the principle of algorithm ,for it can not be fully explained in a post.  And if you  would  like ,you can tell more.

3. Which institutions/Masters have been engaged in that study?  The present achievement?

Any comments would be appreciated!

Cheers
HyeeWang@gmail.com

Reply #1
Anyway,I am talking the speech quality,not communication mode and bitstream rate.

For the terrible difference of speech quality,it must use different algo  when
performing  speech recognition and speaker identification.
I wanna eliminate the difference between them and thus can use the same algo.

Reply #2
Hi

You propably get "more attention" @ http://www.dsprelated.com/

Juha

Reply #4
Cell phones use one of several extremely low-rate codecs.

Land lines use 64kb/s muLaw (or a-Law over there on the right side of the ocean)

The difference in distortion between 4.8 kb/s and 64kb/s is not surprising.

(cell phones range from 4.8 upwards to something like 16kb/s, but it's been a few years since I was in a telco company)
-----
J. D. (jj) Johnston