Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Compilations: how to hide individual artists in the library (Read 1762 times) previous topic - next topic

Compilations: how to hide individual artists in the library

So here what I want to do, and I want to know if its possible.

I have some albums that are compilation albums that are remixes by a certain artist, but each track is tagged by the original artist

So like for example, the album is by Paul Oakenfold, but the songs have different artists.

Is there a way to make these individual artists not show up in the library individually without having to re-tag all the music?

Reply #1
Set the %ALBUM ARTIST% tag to "Paul Oakenfold"

Reply #2
It is pretty standard to achieve what you want.

You might search for various detailed answer under the search term Various Artists or VA.

In above example is the name Paul Oakenfold carried in a tag?
For ease and as standard usage, he would be in %album artist%.
There is more to it...but this should get you started.

terry

Reply #3
Yotsuya's suggestion seems to be working, Im just going through and editing that portion of the tag.

Thanks to the both of you