Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ColumnUI and background image (Read 6970 times) previous topic - next topic

ColumnUI and background image

Hi to all..
I need to put a background image in my foobar configuration, but I don't know how to do it...
I know that I need columnUI, and I know that I need to put some code somewhere...but I don't know anything...

please help me...

I try some google search but i did't find anything useful

thanks

Reply #1
well that doesn't work with column ui, per se

you need the panel stacker splitter for this

Reply #4
you're great...I will try it immediately...so I don't need elplaylist (that I don't know how it works... )

Reply #6
thanks to all guys but I have a really bad problem...

I've installed panel stack and I've insert it in columsUI like this:

Code: [Select]
Horizontal Splitter
----Panel Stack Splitter
--------Panel

The problem is that all the panel like artwork or the simply play list is opaque and hide the background image...how I cold set every element trasparent?

Reply #7
yeah then I think you need el playlist and the other ui components

Reply #8
thanks...I'm just thought about elplaylist...also if it is very hard to program for me and I didn't find any tutorial..
and for the other ui component?

I need:

Lyrics (but I already found in this forum the right component with transparent background)
album art (loaded from embedded file)

Thanks for all again...^^

Reply #9
http://br3tt.deviantart.com/

the latest config by falstaff (here in this forum)
I think its everything you need

Reply #10
thanks,....the problem is that I want to do it by myself....
I don't have many complete album with cover, I have a lot of singular music with embedded art...and (I think) only "artwork view" panel can display the artwork embedded in the mp3s!!!

Plugins like chronflow, album art lister, and i think also elplaylist can show only the "folder.jpg" file, that is external...it can be fine for everyone that have a lot of albums, and well catalogues in folder

EDIT:

I try to explain how I need my foobar (or better foobar for my g/f)

(I have a solution to not code too much)

I need a background and a playlist not grouped by album but similar to the standard column ui playlist with artist name, title album and track lenght and maybe genre and year

in the same window I need the lyrics...and a spectrum...(if it can be transparent...)
Then in a tab I would like to insert the embedded artwork (I know that this will not be transparent with embedded album art)

And thats all, I just need how to code elplaylist to set the text colour, and a playlist similar to the default one...

EDIT_2

[OT]
Is just lyric show automatic download function dangerous for pc protection?
[/OT]

Thanks