Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems with Burrrn, CUE sheets. (Read 4432 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with Burrrn, CUE sheets.

Hello, all. I've been working on a compilation audio CD project that spans 6 discs and composed entirely of FLAC files. What I've done is taken each disc's material, created a cuesheet, added in pregaps, and attempted to burn them using Burrrn. What happens is, on my initial load of my cue sheet of any disc - lets's say disc 1 - I get a running time of 79:06, which is what it should be when pregaps are factored in. If I try to burn that cue sheet using RG by track, the program decodes all the files, processes them using RG, then starts to burn. It gets to about 5% and then fails. This happens each time on a first burn. I have tried multiple discs and computers, no change. The second and all other subsequent times I go into the program and reload the same CUE sheet, I get a time of 78:54, which is the time WITHOUT the pregaps. The only way I can "fix" this is to delete the CUE sheet and recreate it, but I run into the same problems as before.

Is there a better program out there that can a) read cue sheets properly and b) burn using Replaygain? I tried Foobar2000 but the final volume levels wound up all over the place.

Thanks!

Reply #1
Really sorry about the double post - I can't find the edit option. I was curious, if I were to decode the FLAC to WAV, then add in x seconds of silence in GoldWave, then reencode back to FLAC, would I compromise the integrity of the sound quality?

Reply #2
Try ImgBurn[/color].  I've never tried making a cue sheet with pregaps, or with replay gain, but otherwise it's always worked with for me. 

...if I were to decode the FLAC to WAV, then add in x seconds of silence in GoldWave, then reencode back to FLAC, would I compromise the integrity of the sound quality?
No.  FLAC conversion is lossless.  And, adding silence to the beginning (or end) won't affect the existing audio data.

...Unless there's an offset...  If there's an offset in the existing file, you can get a "tick" at the transition between true-silence and existing silence plus offset.  In that case, you could try removing the offset (technically, not a lossless process) or crossfade between the existing silence and the additional silence.

Reply #3
What I've done is taken each disc's material, created a cuesheet, added in pregaps, and attempted to burn them using Burrrn

AFAIK Burrrn only accepts non-compliant CUE sheets..If you created the CUE using EAC then use EAC's  to burn from the CUE sheet..Like DVDDoug I've never tried making a cue sheet with pregaps or with replay gain either, but have used burrn to apply(RG) when burning..

Reply #4
Thanks for the help, everyone. I wound up decompressing the files into WAVs, adding on the pregap as silence on each preceeding track and burned them using Burrrn. Sounds great. Thanks again!