Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sync errors with mint condition discs (Read 4334 times) previous topic - next topic

Sync errors with mint condition discs

Everytime I try to rip a disc in EAC I get sync errors. The errors always (so far) happen within 60% - 75% of testing the first track. I really think this is a hardware issue because it is happening on all my discs and they are all in mint condition, most unplayed. I have tried about 5 or 6 different discs and it always happens. I have managed to rip 2 discs without sync errors and they only worked after I just recently restarted my PC.. for some weird reason. I am using 'secure mode' in EAC and I have my drive offset set correctly by AccurateRip.

I've had a look around the site but all I could find was people complaining about sync errors with scratched discs but all the discs I have tried are in perfect condition.

My drive is 'Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173S' and my operating system is Windows Vista Ultimate.

Any help appreciated. It's getting annoying. 

Reply #1
Look on your drive manufacturer's website and see if there is a new firmware.  Download the new firmware, if there is one, and flash your drive.  That may solve the issue.  My guess is that you do have a hardware problem if that doesn't fix your issue.

Reply #2
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had already updated the firmware. As soon as I updated the firmware and restarted I got one rip out of EAC, then the sync errors started coming back.

Reply #3
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had already updated the firmware. As soon as I updated the firmware and restarted I got one rip out of EAC, then the sync errors started coming back.

Do these CDs you mention come with a copy protection? Try to paste a LOG file and if possible a UPC code so we know what you're actually doing.

ff

Reply #4
Well after I updated the firmware, one of the CDs that was giving me the error ripped fine. Then I tried to rip it again a few hours later and the sync errors came back. Plus they ripped fine when I tried them on another drive so I don't think they have any copy protections on them.

Reply #5
is there any chance of getting some screenshots of your Extraction Method and Drive Tab's in the EAC > Drive options?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #6
Does it work any better with test & copy? Also, you don't need secure ripping at all if you get a match with AccurateRip.

Reply #7
is there any chance of getting some screenshots of your Extraction Method and Drive Tab's in the EAC > Drive options?

Extraction Method: http://i38.tinypic.com/2yxkyz9.jpg
Drive: http://i34.tinypic.com/23t1jpd.jpg

Does it work any better with test & copy? Also, you don't need secure ripping at all if you get a match with AccurateRip.

I was using test & copy anyway. I am using the guide found at http://xs.vc/eac/index.html so I think I have to use test & copy for my FLAC rips to allow them at waffles.fm.

Anything else you need that could help you help me, let me know. 

Reply #8
have you tried using Foobar's secure ripper and seeing if you still are getting the rereads?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.