Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Question for M-Audio transit + Vista users (Read 6892 times) previous topic - next topic

Question for M-Audio transit + Vista users

I bought a M-Audio Transit today since I need a USB-Soundcard to passthrough DTS and AC3 from my laptop to my 5.1 reciever. According to the M-Audio homepage the Transit has Vista drivers and supports passthrough of Dolby Digital and DTS vis SPDIF, but I can't get that passthrough work. Vista doesn't even recognize the SPDIF port of the Transit.
Is this my fault or are the Vista drivers lacking SPDIF support?

Reply #1
You need to use the Transit's control panel item (control panel -> additional options -> m-audio transit usb) to change the operating mode.
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"

Reply #2
Here are screenshots from the control panel. What setting should I change? I'm running Vista32 drivers version 5.10.00.5099, the latest on the homepage.

Reply #3
Ok my bad... I was running the XP drivers (still in Vista though) and it shows in the control panel for them.

Reply #4
Does it work with XP Drivers in Vista?

Reply #5
Yeah... Here's how:

1. Uninstall the vista drivers, go to the device manager and uninstall any transit-related devices there as well, then unplug the transit, and, perhaps, restart windows

2. Install the XP drivers

3. Restart the comp and then plug the transit in once Window's finished booting

NB: the only prob i've had with them is that the computer freezes after coming out of standby with the transit plugged in, so make sure you unplug it first (may not happen with you though).

Reply #6
Did you force the installation of the XP drivers with compatibility mode?

EDIT: I insatalled the XP driver and set it to Pass-Tru in the control panel but neither Vista nor any Player software recognize it as SPDIF
What software do you use?

Reply #7
I was just using fb2k, and all seemed fine when I hooked it up to a set of speakers that were set to receive spdif via the optical thingy.

Reply #8
Stereo speakers or 5.1?

Reply #9
5.1... Though i don't think any sound was coming out of the center one, but I was using the 'convert stereo to 4 channels' plugin, so that prob explains the lack of the 5th channel. I'm not sure if there is a component for converting to 5.1.

Reply #10
EDIT: I insatalled the XP driver and set it to Pass-Tru in the control panel but neither Vista nor any Player software recognize it as SPDIF

Hi. I have exactly the same problem with Transit in pass-thru mode.
Vista SP1 with XP drivers.
Two AUX devices appear, and no sound passes through.

Did you solve it? How?

P.S. By the way, M-Audio support told me that DTS pass-thru will be included in the release version of Vista drivers. Unfortunately, they do not have any planned release date.