Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need Help with a couple things (Read 3783 times) previous topic - next topic

Need Help with a couple things

I'm having trouble skinning my foobar so I figured you guys might be a good place to start. I want to install this skin because it looks nice and is simple and keeps everything in one long list without album art being displayed in the list itself. HELP PLEASE!

http://aakio.deviantart.com/art/GSM-for-Foobar-50972199

The only thing that changes is the background of the library. Nothing else changes. Like this is the best I can get it to look. I don't know how to skin the rest of it.

Oh and is there a way to have foobar automatically add songs that get added to my music folder? If not I'm going to have to switch away from it because its annoying to have to add every song to my library after i download it.

Reply #1
foo_looks skin

foo_looks is a plugin for Foobar 0.8.3 

I guess you are using 0.9x so you can't install this.

Reply #2
I tried installing Foobar2000 0.8.3 but then columns_ui wouldnt work so I can't really figure it out.

Reply #3
How about installing the latest version of foobar (0.9.5.3) and working with that instead of 0.8.3?

That "skin" that you want to use is laughably easy to make with the latest version (you don't even need to install 3rd party components to get that look).

Reply #4
How about installing the latest version of foobar (0.9.5.3) and working with that instead of 0.8.3?

That "skin" that you want to use is laughably easy to make with the latest version (you don't even need to install 3rd party components to get that look).

I have no knowledge of foobar....or creating skins for any program for that matter. I'm not sure how I would go about doing that. I just want something simple that is dark and uses columns_ui.

Reply #5
OK forget everything you know about foobar for a second.

Now go to the official website, download the latest version.

Install it.

Select a "dark" theme & layout when you first start foobar. It involves choosing an item from a list presented, so it shouldn't be difficult at all.

Good enough?

If not, what is the problem?
* colors / fonts don't look right. Go to preferences -> Default UI -> Colors & Fonts. Pick the colors/fonts you want.
* Layout doesn't look good. View -> Layout -> create Scratchbox. Make a layout you like.
* Columns don't look right. Right click column header and pick appropriate columns. If you don't like any of the presets, build your own by clicking on "more..."
* Grouping Scheme doesn't look right. Right click column header, pick another grouping scheme. Again, if you don't like any of the presets provide, build your own by clicking on "more..."

If you want even more power, install the latest ColumnUI and use it.

The key point here is that if you're having difficulty even with the most basic foobar tasks, attempting to use Panels is like jumping into the deep end of the pool when you don't know how to swim.