Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Creative X-Fi Soundcard help needed (Read 1326 times) previous topic - next topic

Creative X-Fi Soundcard help needed

Hi,

I have a Creative X-fi Platinum.

I have been to Creative for help, their staff are idiots, their forums are useless, no help was offered, they won't replace the card, so I thought the kind users here may be able to help me.

Here is my situation in a nut shell: the settings randomly switch from 2/2.1 to 4/4.1 speaker mode.

This makes things sound like complete crap, as I don't have a 4/4.1 rig.

I have done a complete clean install. Including running Guru3D's Driver Sweeper in safe mode to completely delete all remnants of Creative kruft.

So... does anyone have any experiences with this problem and if so can you offer a solution?

Is there a registry hack that can lock this POS in 2/2.1 speaker mode?

I know the ideal is a new and better soundcard, and that is in the works, but for the time being I have to use this for the next few months.

Please for the love of all things sacred help me get out of this hell.

Cheers!