Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Removing Vocals (Read 3726 times) previous topic - next topic

Removing Vocals

One of my friends gave me a song today and wants me to remove the vocals from it. It is a very old recording, with few or no frequencies above 5khz. To top it off, the file is mono    , so using frequency cancellation between both channels doesn’t work at all. Would anyone be interested in trying his or her luck with the file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit - The file can be downloaded from http://www.angelfire.com/mt/viper1313/1.mpc  - To download, right click on the file and select "Save Target As"

Removing Vocals

Reply #1
Hell its worth a shot. Pm me and I'll give you an email address or pm with a weblink.
r3mix zealot.

Removing Vocals

Reply #2
One of my friends gave me a song today and wants me to remove the vocals from it.

it is not possible to remove vocals from music. only if you have the original samples, you can mix the song again without vocals
Be healthy, be kind, grow rich and prosper

Removing Vocals

Reply #3
Actually it is possible... just not without removing extra stuff.
r3mix zealot.

Removing Vocals

Reply #4
Record yourself singing along with the music and then do wave subtraction to remove the original vocals! 

Removing Vocals

Reply #5
Quote (SometimesWarrior @ Jan 31 2003 - 04:45 AM)
Record yourself singing along with the music and then do wave subtraction to remove the original vocals!

Not on this file  - DL it and see why!!!

Removing Vocals

Reply #6
Shit, it would be easier to just try to reproduce the background music. Shouldn't take more then a few minutes to figure out what those chords are. Then just play them in a synth as a small orchastra, cut out all the high frequencies and you're done.

Removing Vocals

Reply #7
Does anyone have an idea on how to remove the vocals without using a synth or attempting to sing with the file? 

Removing Vocals

Reply #8
My attempts either made files with silence or badly mangled music with vocals popping in occasionly. I'll give it another try or two tomorrow though.
r3mix zealot.

Removing Vocals

Reply #9
It will be hard cause the vocals will mask out some of the instrumental in the track, so it will be a pretty mangled track in the end I would say. I will have a go, but nothing will beat a pure instrumental track.
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams