Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need help finding a CD authorer that supports 32bit float (Read 3274 times) previous topic - next topic

Need help finding a CD authorer that supports 32bit float

When I make music I make sure to save it in 32bit float .wav files, however now that I have enough audio files to burn to a CD I can't find a program on windows to burn them to a CD-R.  Does anyone know of a free program to burn these files with?  I would really rather not sacrifice quality by downgrading my recordings to 16bit int .wav files.

Reply #1
As far as I know, CD-Audio only supports 16bit 44.1kHz, so I don't think it would be possible to burn them as an audio CD without converting them to 16bit.

Reply #2
Or burn them as files. I found CDBurnerXP after no googling at all (free cd burn).

Reply #3
As far as I know, CD-Audio only supports 16bit 44.1kHz, so I don't think it would be possible to burn them as an audio CD without converting them to 16bit.

Indeed. Whatever program you use, it will downsample to 44.1 kHz / 16 bit before burning anyway.

Therefore I advice you to mixdown your music to that format yourself. I assume that you use some sort of music program which supports that, including proper resampling, dithering etc.