Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets [2008-02-25] (Read 285889 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #350
bug report: shift+doubleclick restarts the current song.

My double-click action is set to "Add to the Current Playlist".
If I select one item in facets, then hold shift and double-click on another item (to add a group of items to the current playlist) it restarts the currently playing song. This does not happen when i use ctrl to select each item individually and then ctrl+doubleclick the last one.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #351
$caps($left($stripprefix(%album artist%),1))

This facet shows in case of a multivalue artist field both artists.

For example, Raising Sand by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus shows Alison under R too. Is there a way to prevent Alison being filed under R?

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #352
I think I've encountered a bug. When I select an artist all of the songs for that artist do not appear. However, when I switch back to the the default playlist, the songs are there. Does anyone know what would cause this? I'm using Foobar 0.9.5.4 and the latest version of Facets.

BTW, thanks to the author. If I can get this working it will be perfect.

Edit: I think this is caused when a genre is not assigned to a song. Can someone confirm?

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #353
Yea, you need to make a custom thingy

$if2(%genre%,No Genre)

You should do this for all the fields you are using, and yea, it seems like a bug.
Foobar2000 @ Onkyo SE-90PCI @ Sennheiser HD595 :)

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #354
When I send the mp3s of a CD in a playlist, songs are sorted alphabetically and not by CD order (Track No). So I have to click allways to click on Track No to be ordered how they should. Any solution for that?
Thank you!

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #355
Hi, Bug? Known Issue?:

If I choose to add the "Total Size" statistic and then sort by it then items who have the "GB" unit will sort before most of the "MB" unit because their number is lower.
Just an idea - the number displayed and the one by which the column is sorted by should probably be separate...

Thanks.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #356
the number displayed and the one by which the column is sorted by should probably be separate...

They are seperate. It works exactly as it should for me, do you have a screenshot that demonstates your problem?

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #357
Hello, Frank.

Just posting here to congratulate you on the amazing job you did with Facets. I'm a long time lurker here, but never really got into foobar. The new DefaultUI with this component made me definitely let go and jump in the foobar wagon.

Good job, keep it up.
foobar > *

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #359
Is it possible for the "Facet Selection" playlist to not always take focus away from the current playlist if I have another playlist open?

Possible solution:

Preferences>Facets>Events>Selection Change = None

terry

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #361
Is this component still under active development? It's been really quiet the last few months... I'm asking because I'm missing some of the new features of the newer foobar versions.
Like editing of autoplaylist queries for example, and the ability to use the 'Library Viewer Selection' playlist.
For the rest thank you very much for this plugin. I'm using it as much as I use foobar2000 on a daily base

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #362
Facets is still under dev, but maybe not under "active dev" as you would say, as Frank has stated he currently doesn't have much time for this AFAIK. Let's hope it changes soon, since there has been nothing new since Feb. 25. Facets definitely deserves an update with some minor improvements.

And BTW I have one question for Frank : as mentioned here, it looks like color and tab rendering is planned for dev in foobar's playlist view. Is there a chance that Facets will also support color rendering one day ?

No need to say this would be quite useful. Just an example - I'd like this simple code to work in Facets prefs :

Name : Album & Codec
Pattern : $if($stricmp(%__encoding%,lossless),$rgb(255,0,0)%album%$rgb(),$rgb(0,255,0)%album%$rgb())

This would allow for lossless albums to be immediately distinguished from others, thus eliminating the need for an additional "Codec" column. But it needs color rendering. Frank, what's your position on this ? Thanks.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #363
foorious: I agree with you, its also needed for the normal playlist view

edit: $rgb works just fine in the facets...

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #364
$rgb works just fine in the facets...

Yes, it works!!! 

No need to say this would be quite useful. Just an example - I'd like this simple code to work in Facets prefs :

Name : Album & Codec

Pattern : $if($stricmp(%__encoding%,lossless),$rgb(255,0,0)%album%$rgb(),$rgb(0,255,0)%album%$rgb())

Thanks for the cool script! 

PS: The only thing that i'm really missing in Facets is an update to the Rating Statistics Column, currently it doesn't work with ratings from the Playback Statistics Component... 

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #365
Sweet, never knew $srgb worked in facets, so many new possibilities. =)

Anyway, there's one thing driving me mad in facets. It's a little hard to explain though.
E.g. select the artist on the top and then hold ctrl and click on the 4th artist, it will select the 1st and the 4th artist. So far so good. But if you select the first artist and then -scroll down- and press ctrl in order to select another artist it will make the column suddenly scroll up to the top and you have to scroll down once more to finally select the desired artist. Same goes for shift. Really annoying. :/

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #366
I never knew $rgb worked either !    This opens a new world of possibilities...

I had always thought $rgb was some 'core' fb2k function that had been disabled in 0.9.5, and that 3rd-party components like Facets just couldn't use it till it was implemented again...

All right, let's try this ! 

EDIT - it works... almost, but there seems to be some problems. 

I've tried this simple code for the "album" column : $if($stricmp(%__encoding%,lossy),$rgb(255,128,0),$rgb(128,255,0))%album%$rgb()

It seems to work, but two things happen to my surprise :
1. All the album titles beginning with '[' or '(' (e.g. '[Single] Title') are simply not taken into account by Facets : they stick to the default color regardless of the used codec. Can this be considered as a bug or a glitch ?
2. The album column sorting method is affected : no matter what I do, all lossless albums are listed first, then only all lossy albums. I would have expected all albums to be listed alphabetically, regardless if they are lossless or lossy (of course we're talking albums that are either totally lossless or totally lossy, not mixed lossless/lossy albums). If I remove the $rgb part of the code, the sorting method becomes normal again.

Can somebody explain this ?

EDIT 2 - problems 1. and 2. remain exactly the same if I use the "title" column. How bizarre !

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #367
Hmm, two $rgb's doesnt work??

$rgb(255,0,0)$substr(%directoryname%,1,3)$rgb(0,0,0)$substr(%directoryname%,4,10)
Just returns the first 3 letters in red of the directory name, not the last part...

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #368
One tiny request:

Can you make the settings for "Double-click action" look like the ones for the album list?

In album list prefs it's called "Send to Current Playlist",
in facets prefs it's called "Send to the current playlist".

Nothing serious...

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #369
@vigylant : you are right ! even with a simpler code, this doesn't work :
$rgb(255,0,0)TEST1$rgb()TEST2
TEST1 appears in red as expected, but TEST2 also appears in red instead of the default color...

Same thing for this codes :
$rgb(255,0,0)TEST1$rgb()$rgb(0,255,0)TEST2$rgb()
$rgb(255,0,0)TEST1$rgb(0,255,0)TEST2
In both cases TEST1 appears in red as expected, but TEST2 doesn't appear at all...

I hope Frank soon'll come across all this and will give us some explanation. That would be great.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #370
(...) as mentioned here, it looks like color and tab rendering is planned for dev in foobar's playlist view.

First of all, please note that the pinned topic contains proposals, it is not a todo list.

As far as I can tell, support for setting colors in the playlist view using $rgb() is unlikely, because it would not match well with different color schemes. You would have to rewrite your column patterns each time you change global colors, which would also complicate the distribution of theme files among other users.

What might work would be a solution that enables switching to the highlight color or to dim certain parts of the text, although if it were to be implemented for the playlist view, I could imagine that this may not necessarily be configureable through title formatting, but rather as a per-column setting such as the alignment. Again, this is just my personal opinion and should not be taken as a statement by the developer.

Now regarding facets, the fact that $rgb() appears to work to a certain extent is an unfortunate side-effect (you may also call it a bug) of dimming text in brackets. I have yet to decide whether I should fix the mentioned problems or completely remove support for $rgb() for the reasons stated above. In general, I remain open to whatever solution might be chosen for the playlist view.

In album list prefs it's called "Send to Current Playlist",
in facets prefs it's called "Send to the current playlist".

In this case, I consider the album list as inconsistent with the rest of foobar2000 and the recommendation to use sentence-style capitalization as of Windows Vista.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #371
Thanks Frank, everything is very clear now.

Regarding $rgb and the color schemes, maybe the foobar developers could consider a simple preference like this one :
Prefs > Display > DUI > Colors and Fonts > "Allow $rgb to override default colors" (checkbox unchecked by default).
Could this solve the problem ? For most users it would allow them to stick with the default colors and exchange theme files. For some users, it would allow them to check the box and get the best out of their interface, by having a global color scheme that could be overriden by the use of $rgb in some chosen columns.

Same thing for Facets : Prefs > Media Library > Facets > "Allow $rgb to override default colors" (checkbox unchecked by default) (unless Facets can stick directly to global prefs, that would be even simpler).

I hope my position is consistent with the planned future of foobar : to simplify the user experience (e.g. default colors) while allowing some users to customize things within the DUI (to a certain extent) without having to set up a more complicated interface like CUI.

Regarding the Playlist View in particular, one could easily imagine the possibilities if the use of $rgb was allowed. Same thing for Facets : for example, currently I have to set up 3 different columns in one single facet to get the info I want : Date / Album / Codec. With $rgb I could use only 2 columns : Date / Album, the Codec being defined by the $rgb color. That would be awesome if it was possible. Thanks for considering it.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #372
hi. i am looking for an way to focus the facets' search field by a keyboard shortcut. but i can not find any action in the shortcuts-menu (preferences) which would set the mouse focus on the search field. is there any solution? thanks

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #373
Regarding $rgb and the color schemes, maybe the foobar developers could consider a simple preference like this one :
Prefs > Display > DUI > Colors and Fonts > "Allow $rgb to override default colors" (checkbox unchecked by default).
For some users, it would allow them to check the box and get the best out of their interface, (...)

Those users are likely to get asked for their theme files, so that is not really a solution.

hi. i am looking for an way to focus the facets' search field by a keyboard shortcut.

Not possible yet.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #374
Is it possible for "Facets" to ignore "excluded filetypes" according to what I have set in the "General" preferences?
ATM I have the cue and the respective file in my library.
Thank you.