Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Stop Beep Sound after LAME encodes files (Read 5657 times) previous topic - next topic

Stop Beep Sound after LAME encodes files

Hi,

I'm wondering how you turn of the "beep beep" sound that LAME makes after encoding a file. I set up EAC and Lame using the UberStandard. It's real annoying to have it beep after every single file and I'm sure there has got to be some way to turn it off. Thanks!

Reply #1
And I want to learn how to turn off the 'encoding complete' tone in iTunes, but I don't think it's possible.  Bummer, cause it kills the Kernel Streaming playback in Foobar.
"The way we see our world is better than yours."

Reply #2
Hi,

I'm wondering how you turn of the "beep beep" sound that LAME makes after encoding a file. I set up EAC and Lame using the UberStandard. It's real annoying to have it beep after every single file and I'm sure there has got to be some way to turn it off. Thanks!

In EAC, goto EAC | EAC OPTIONS and then to the general tab and unselect beep after extraction finished

or to kill that beep for everything

open up device manager, under the view menu select show hidden devices

expand the Non plug and play drivers and right click Beep and disable it.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #3
EAC Options>General tab>Beep after extraction finished

This is the second time this week that this setting has been mentioned.

edit: A_Man_Eating_Duck, I just saw your response.  lol.

Reply #4
It is *so* annoying. I always forget to turn it off after I do a reinstall and usually I'm wearing my headphones. I'm lucky I'm not deaf at this point.

Another annoying EAC thing is that the option even EXISTS to have it 'turn computer off after encode'.

WHO DOES THAT? "Yes. Computer? Please rip this CD to MP3 and then promptly shut down. Thanks."

Yeah, but you do have to remember to turn off that god awful beep. So loud and obnoxious.