Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Changing double-click action for Album Filter (Panels UI) (Read 5628 times) previous topic - next topic

Changing double-click action for Album Filter (Panels UI)

Whenever I double-click on a song in the Music Library, foobar does nothing. I understand I can choose from a myriad of options under the panel UI section in the preferences to change that, but none of them seem to fulfill what I'm trying to accomplish: I just want to double-click on the song and have it play. I can send it to the playlist, and have the playlist play the song, but that seems redundant, and at times, annoying. Is there anyway to set the context of double click to play the song double-clicked?

Thanks.

Reply #1
If you're referring to the Album List, you can change the double-click action at 'Preferences > Media Library > Album List'.

Reply #2
It would be good if one could set different default actions for those "folders" and for songs. Also, it would be nice if it supported opening songs in a specific playlist, like opening via the command line does.
FLAC.

Reply #3
If you're referring to the Album List, you can change the double-click action at 'Preferences > Media Library > Album List'.

Sorry, let me clarify. I'm using the Album Filter via Panels UI, and in the preferences panel there's no real way for me to double-click on a song in the album filter and have it automatically play, which is what I'm seeking to do.

Reply #4
Sorry, I know nothing about Panels UI and its panels (despite that it's a [a href='index.php?showtopic=44213']Known Problematic Component[/a]).

Reply #5
Whenever I double-click on a song in the Music Library, foobar does nothing. I understand I can choose from a myriad of options under the panel UI section in the preferences to change that, but none of them seem to fulfill what I'm trying to accomplish: I just want to double-click on the song and have it play.

Any library view, let it be PanelsUI's Libray filter, Facets or albumlist for the default UI or Playlist tree or Browser, doesn't work like that.

Foobar2000 plays files from playlists, not from the media library.
The Media library (and whatever viewer you view it through) is there to help you create playlists, not to replace the functionality of the playlist.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #6
foosion's component: foo_utils can do that for you.