Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_input_shorten reports some shn files corrupted; other utils say OK (Read 2989 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_input_shorten reports some shn files corrupted; other utils say OK

I have a couple of shn files that foo_input_shorten won't play.

foobar reports: Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file)

I analyzed the files with Traders Little Helper and it does not report any errors and can decode the files into wav files fine. The files came with an md5 file and they all pass the checks.

I can provide one of the files in question if necessary.

Any ideas?

Chris

Reply #1
I decoded one of the files in question with Trader's Little Helper v2.7.0 to WAV and reencoded the file to shn.

Still the file will not play in foobar2000. 

Some files of the file set actually play fine. Just the first 4 or 5 tracks won't.

Does this sound like a bug in foo_input_shorten? Is there a place to report bugs for 3rd party plugins other than this forum?

Note: I am using foo_input_shorten 0.4.2.2

Reply #2
Could you provide me with this file, so I can check why foo_input_shorten refuses to play it?

Reply #3
Could you provide me with this file, so I can check why foo_input_shorten refuses to play it?

I sure can. Sent you a PM.