Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: where to obtain LAME 4.0 sources (Read 3483 times) previous topic - next topic

where to obtain LAME 4.0 sources

I'm interested in testing LAME 4.0 on my OS X machine but I can't seem to find the cvs repository for it. Searching for "LAME 4.0" yields very little. I realise it's output is probably worse quality than 3.97b2, I'm just interested to see where it's heading and what's currently different. Searching for LAME CVS keeps coming up with http://lame.sourceforge.net/download/src/ which is obviously very old.

Any ideas?

BTW iTunes-LAME.app (a LAME encoder for iTunes) works awesomely on x86 macs, for anyone who has one. I set it up on my friends MacBook Pro and he was getting 2x 15-16x encode speeds (yay dualcore!) with -V 3 --vbr-new. You just need to replace the package's lame binary with a native x86 one.

Reply #2
cvs access has changed on SF...might be :

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@lame.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/lame co -r takehiro-2002_05_07-experimental lame

Reply #3
Be aware that the current lame 4.0 alpha code only provides VBR if compiled without nasm support on win32. IIRC, the nasm code does currently work if you compile for win64. I realise you're interest is in OS X, but just to let you know you may have some issues.