Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Needed CD quality audio for free (Read 5358 times) previous topic - next topic

Needed CD quality audio for free

hi alll,
I am  a new member of hydrogen audio group. I need to get some .wav audio files i.e. CD quality audio files(enough big) for the project i am doing on Lossless Audio Coding. SO please suggest me some websites or database where I can download the .wav audio from.

Regards
DLS

Reply #1
Hmm, can't you just buy a CD and rip it?
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #2
well, byuing  a CD is a very good option but I was looking for free CD quality test music files. As its not sponsored I would like to go for  free CD quality music test files....
So please  suggest me a  few links/sources...

Reply #3
The local library where you can rent a CD and then rip it?
A secure audio ripper for linux: code.google.com/p/rubyripper

Reply #4
Uhm, you came to this forum in order to ask people to do possibly illegal things? Who are you working for? The RIAA?

Reply #5
You can go to the internet archive, download the flac bootlegs that they have for free. You'll have to convert them to wav format though.
Personally i find it difficult to believe that you have no personal cds of your own.

Reply #6
I also find it difficult to believe that you have no CDs to rip.

I live in the UK and often Sunday papers give away CDs free (not good CDs, but CDs).

Do you have a mic?  Couldn't you just record yourself reciting "Mary Had a Little Lamb" to a 16 bit stereo 44100Hz WAVE file?

Does the quality matter?  Couldn't you just download some free MP3s or such (a lot of bands have tracks to download on their website) and convert them to WAVE?

I just don't really understand the question.  You could record yourself farting in CD quality.... I know I do.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #7
I just don't really understand the question.  You could record yourself farting in CD quality.... I know I do.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324168"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #8
http://doom.ocremix.org/ go there and download the torrent
tnerrot.sobohP_of_Side_Dark_The/selif/gro.ximerco.tb//:http

i'm not sure if i can post a link to the torrent so ill just post that.

the files in the torrent are FLAC and MP3, so just decode the FLAC files.
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']"We will restore chaos"-Bush on Iraq[/span]

Reply #9
I need to get some .wav audio files i.e. CD quality audio files(enough big) for the project i am doing on Lossless Audio Coding.

Just curious...what kind of project are you looking at?

Reply #10
Friends, I believe he's just looking for uncompressed, freely distributable WAVs.  He's not looking to rip(off) a CD.  Anyone know of free music, uncompressed?

Reply #12
Friends, I believe he's just looking for uncompressed, freely distributable WAVs.  He's not looking to rip(off) a CD.  Anyone know of free music, uncompressed?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324243"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I second that.
Why do you people jump him the second you get a notion that something "weird" is happening?

What this guy is asking for, is a free audio sample (Free as in beer, as in the author (ie. the copyright holder) said "Here is a superduper high quality audio sample that you can distribute at will"), that one could download at some place.

I also wish to find something like this.

So please, if anyone knows a legal way to acquire a free sample of lossless quality, please post.
Pusk is the new Start.

Reply #13
How about downloading some music from the Live music archive ?
Most are losslessly compressed, but due to the nature of lossless compression you can easily convert them to pcm-wave if you need to.

Reply #14
I second that.
Why do you people jump him the second you get a notion that something "weird" is happening?

But why download MB of files when you can rip a CD in a matter of minutes?  I'm not talking about illegally ripping borrowed CDs - but I don't believe that someone interested in developing a lossless application doesn't own at least one CD or have access to some free CDs.

I for one am not "jumping on him", simply querying their requirements.  Perhaps in doing so I might make them realise that there are easier, and quicker, ways.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #15
I've talk to the project leader of http://doom.ocremix.org/ and dev0, and both said it would be okay to use these files, the project leader said the following "Sure, feel free to use them for whatever - as long as you aren't making any profit from them". Meaning we can use them, full length in listening test. These are 23 full length songs. That should be enough.
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']"We will restore chaos"-Bush on Iraq[/span]