Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9 public beta (Read 273340 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9 public beta

Reply #275
under media library settings there is a button rescan, pres it, alternatively you can assign a shortcut to foobar2000/Rescan library, and periodically pres it.
fb2k 0.9 beta 13.

Reply #276
under media library settings there is a button rescan, pres it, alternatively you can assign a shortcut to foobar2000/Rescan library, and periodically pres it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314449"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good workaround, however, why would I have to manually do that, when foobar (which is still in development) can add it as a feature (like I'd mentioned).

Sure, I can probably get around it (and I'm sure Autoplaylists help, as well as what you just mentioned), but don't enough people feel that there should be an option to have it automatically monitored?  Not trying to compare with other players that have this option, since foobar is by far the most versatile and useful media player that I know of, but I just feel it's lacking this and there is the possibility to add it without much trouble.  I mean, at the least even if its by doing what you just said, it would be more convenient to have it done automatically for us by the program (this could be an option you can toggle on/off).

[edit: made it more coherent]

Reply #277
When the SDK for 0.9 is released, foo_scheduler will probably be updated. This should make automated media library scanning possible.

Reply #278
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314449"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good workaround, however, why would I have to manually do that, when foobar (which is still in development) can add it as a feature (like I'd mentioned).

Sure, I can probably get around it (and I'm sure Autoplaylists help, as well as what you just mentioned), but don't enough people feel that there should be an option to have it automatically monitored?  Not trying to compare with other players that have this option, since foobar is by far the most versatile and useful media player that I know of, but I just feel it's lacking this and there is the possibility to add it without much trouble.  I mean, at the least even if its by doing what you just said, it would be more convenient to have it done automatically for us by the program (this could be an option you can toggle on/off).

[edit: made it more coherent]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314515"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you could also write a small batchfile to scan the library, then add it to the windows scheduler

Reply #279
I would LOVE to see folder exclusion rules (for subfolders of included folders).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299605"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

<--- Agree's this is one of the major things that I miss from the previous release, my second was the auto-file-type assosiation which got added in this version, hurray!

Reply #280
No apl support?
Any idea when that may return? My entire collection is built upon apl files.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314390"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
APL support is included in foo_input_std. It is not listed under "Components" (in preferences), but there is an APL entry in "File types" (in preferences as well).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314391"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, ok then. It is broken. For me anyway.
All apl entries show up in playlists as the filename with '???' as the time.
Here is a snap from  Beta 6:

And here is the same from 0.8.3

Reply #281
I have a small feature request
When doing a Speed Test (via Utils --> Decoding speed test)
If one of the files processed has an error (e.g. a sync error) the error is displayed in the console but the filename is not displayed making it impossible to determine which file(s) contain error(s). Would it be possible to add the filename to the console before the error messages (similar to 0.8.3 with foo_null) or alternatively adding a "Error report" to the results section of the speed test.

Reply #282
beta 6 is very nice! i can tell fb2k v0.9 is going to be well worth the wait~

but i was wondering... in beta 5 there was an option in the file renamer that allowed foobar to be able to move all non music files in a folder along with the music files. is there something similar to this is beta 6 or was it removed?

thanks in advance!

Reply #283
The option to move entire directories is still there. Why do you ask?

Reply #284
i'm just curious when will the final be out?

Reply #285
when it's done.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'](will people ever learn? )[/span]
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #286
The option to move entire directories is still there. Why do you ask?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=315028"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i was asking because in my foobar beta 6, the only option i have (i think) that has similar function to the one in beta 5 that i was talking about is called, 'move entire parent directories, preserve structure and filenames.' that's ok i guess, but the problem is, it doesn't allow my current naming scheme to change the actual filename, so i guess i'd just have to use the mass-renamer twice~ once to move the songs and all the non-music files in that folder to the directory of my choice, and once again to actually rename the songs to the format my code dictates

Edit:
i'm just realizing that not even beta 5 could quite do what i was asking for. that's ok though, because i found a workaround. plus i think the workaround works better than the way that i had initially wanted it.. if that makes sense >.>

oh, and i tried to use this piece of code in a renaming scheme:
$if(%disc%,disc %disc%\,)
what i was hoping that would do was if i made a disc tag in an mp3, like.. %disc% = i then if such a tag existed, foobar would create a subdirectory like 'disc i' but only if the %disc% tag existed, else it would not create the extra directory.
i thought that would work, but for some reason i can't quite figure out... it would do something like artist - album\disc ii\disc ii\disc ii\disc ii\disc ii\disc ii\disc ii\disc ii\disc ii\something.mp3

i couldnt figure out why it did crazy nestings (btw, this directory was created in a non-english named folder), so i just changed the code to $if(%cd%,%cd%\,)
where CD = disc i ~not~ DISC = i

Reply #287
when it's done.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'](will people ever learn? )[/span]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=315097"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ok so when will it be done? nah i'm jk 

Reply #288
The triangle next to track length (when playing) in 0.8 was great. Now if I select other track than is now playing I don't see actual track. Dark blue color do not contrast with black.

Reply #289
Eh, I don't know if this has been mentioned already or if this is the right topic, but in the main context menu, ReplayGain is written as ReplayGain, but in ReplayGain's submenu ReplayGain is written all lowercase, like this: "Remove replaygain info from files". Is it just a tiny typographical issue, or is it intended to be like this for some reason? Any chance it will be changed?

Reply #290
The triangle next to track length (when playing) in 0.8 was great. Now if I select other track than is now playing I don't see actual track. Dark blue color do not contrast with black.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=315330"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Add
Code: [Select]
$if(%isplaying%,> )
directly after
Code: [Select]
$tab()
in your title formatting.

Reply #291
so in beta6, is queue visible somehow?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #292
When the SDK for 0.9 is released, foo_scheduler will probably be updated. This should make automated media library scanning possible.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314519"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When the SDK is released, foo_uie_explorer.dll will hopefully be soon available.

Reply #293
On the ReplayGain scanner result window:

Please make this optional.

Reason: I often start the replaygain process, leave the pc. When I'm back I expect fb2k to have the job done. But after clicking OK in the scanner esult window, foobar does apply its calculations and this can also be time consuming. (Sometimes it has to write the complete stream, probably depending on the tag type?).

Reply #294
On the ReplayGain scanner result window:

Please make this optional.

Reason: I often start the replaygain process, leave the pc. When I'm back I expect fb2k to have the job done. But after clicking OK in the scanner esult window, foobar does apply its calculations and this can also be time consuming. (Sometimes it has to write the complete stream, probably depending on the tag type?).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316764"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
i second this.
Also if you comp crashes while your scanning in mutlple album mode on alot of albums you need to start scanning from scratch again.

maybe the scanner result window could be disabled just when using scan selection as multiple albums?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #295
Or add an option: "Add the the rg values, if no errors were found."

Reply #296
Hi.
I've searched the forum and didn't find a solution for this playback problem I have with beta 6:
Every time I insert any audio cd into my drive and choose to open it in foobar I get an error and this dialog pops up:

Error opening file for decoding (Generic Error):
cdda://0203DC8B,01

Followed by this:

Unable to read info from files:

"cdda://0203DC8B,01" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,02" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,03" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,04" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,05" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,06" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,07" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,08" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,09" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,10" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,11" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,12" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,13" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,14" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,15" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,16" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,17" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,18" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,19" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,20" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,21" (0) - Generic Error
"cdda://0203DC8B,22" (0) - Generic Error

I have tried a dozen of my cd's, and the problem still remains... Windows Media Player 10 opens them without any problem...
Could someone help?

Thanks for your time.

Reply #297
same problem here 

EDIT: hi everyone by the way, new around these forums. on a side note, are there any foobar skins?

Reply #298
Will 0.9 support alternative output plugins? I can't see any interface for them in current beta.. Missing Kernel Streaming too much..

Reply #299
i hope so. i need asio-support.