• [*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #100
Thank you soooo much !!!

• geoslake
  • [*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #101
Well, I just encountered the same problem again, with mudlord's build ("runtime error...")

• mudlord
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #102
Weird, I'll see about compiling a debug build for you to see where exactly it crashes....

• Zbih
  • [*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #103
Strange, I can't hear difference between vlevel active and not in foobar 1.0. This was my favorite plugin in 0.9. What could happen, that this plugin doesn't work now? I tried one from post#99 and #67 too :/

I've the same issue with crossfeed.

• cwilliams
  • [*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #104
Just wanted to say thanks for this plugin. It allowed me to ditch winamp and a truly ancient winamp plugin (enhancer) that had a similar effect on the music. Thanks again!

• geoslake
  • [*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #105
bump, just hoping this component will stay alive

• DJ_DOGGY
  • [*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #106
Thanks Canar, those sources fixed the problem.

Hello mudlord  , Can You please Tell me what is the compiler You use ?

• mudlord
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #107
Visual Studio 2008

• Superlexx
  • [*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #108
Thanks Canar, those sources fixed the problem.

Hello,

I use the plugin for conversion. It crashes when switching input from mono to stereo (heap corruption when delete[]-ing buffers). Also sampling rate changes from one track to another result in corrupted data.
I guess the plugin better use std::vector instead of simulating it with those error-prone value_t** datatypes.

DSP reset between tracks is active (default).

I'll see how this code can be improved in terms of correction and performance in the next days.

• Superlexx
  • [*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #109
Never mind, just found that fb2k has a VST plugin. Put my lovely Guitar Rig there, a simple stomp compressor does the job great, sounds like radio now.

• popatr
  • [*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #110
I have some very old and poorly recorded spoken content where vlevel is indispensible.  I tried various VST compressors as per the previous comment, but either I didn't know how to use them or they simply couldn't cut the mustard.  So I've tweaked the source to a later SDK and compiled it.  If anyone wants it.
vlevel.zip

• Surfi
  • [*][*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #111
::

Thank you very much.

Greetings, ...

• geoslake
  • [*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #112
Thanks for that, any advantage on using this instead of latest available one in this thread ?
(as old version seems to work flawlessly here)

I have some very old and poorly recorded spoken content where vlevel is indispensible.  I tried various VST compressors as per the previous comment, but either I didn't know how to use them or they simply couldn't cut the mustard.  So I've tweaked the source to a later SDK and compiled it.  If anyone wants it.
vlevel.zip

• popatr
  • [*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #113
Thanks for that, any advantage on using this instead of latest available one in this thread ?
(as old version seems to work flawlessly here)

vlevel.zip

No advantage; I thought we didn't have a working build, I tried a few, then built my own.  If there were already working builds then I wasted my time.

• geoslake
  • [*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #114
I have the 20080302.0 version here, works fine with latest Foobar (1.1.13).
This build :
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=550557

• Kraeved
  • [*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #115
What is your favourite setting for this plugin?
We have three bars to manipulate: strength, max multiplier, buffer length.

• geoslake
  • [*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #116
Mine are :

strength  : 0.80
max mult : +28db
buffer      : 2.0s

• KevanGC
  • [*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #117
Any way to get this to a buffer length of 0.00 sec?

I'd like to set up an auto-gain / compresser sort of thing to boost quiet parts of music, yet not drop the volume until the exact moment loud parts of music play. If I set VLevel to even the lowest buffer setting it doesn't sound right.

I'll check out VST plugins and stuff, though I thought I'd ask.
  • Last Edit: 15 January, 2013, 07:37:52 PM by KevanGC

• Aldem
  • [*][*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #118
Hi there !

Anyone knows a working link for the lastest V-Level version ? The link in this thread isn't working.

Thanks

I'm using foobar2000 1.2.4 by the way.

• Dynamic
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #119
I don't think vlevel is now compatible with the fb2k SDK, but I've found that EBU R128 Compressor foo_dsp_r128norm does the same job better, for my purposes and I use that instead.

I've also had some luck with the trial version of TB Compressor from ToneBoosters trial pack (running via the VST plugin support).
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD

• Surfi
  • [*][*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #120
The link in this thread isn't working.

The link provided here is working. 

Greetings, ...

• Last Edit: 11 April, 2013, 01:21:12 AM by Surfi

• hidn
  • [*][*]
foo_dsp_vlevel
Reply #121
Can someone make ICL version of this plugin?