Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: settings for 32000hz wav file (Read 2626 times) previous topic - next topic

settings for 32000hz wav file

hi there,

I have some wav files I want to encode using LAME 3.96 --aps. However, in the LAME tag it says 'Unwise Settings: Yes'. I thought it had something to do with the fact I used 44100hz as output. So I used --aps again, this time I set the output as 32000hz...but it still says that it were unwise. So what should I do? Also, why does the average bitrate differ so much between these two settings? It's about 30kbps. I mean the input is always 32000hz...so what file should I keep? The 44100hz mp3 file seems to be a. bit of a waste to me though...

thanks for your advice
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Reply #1
anybody?
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.

Reply #2
Keep the output at 32khz - I'm guessing that it's claiming "unwise" due to the fact that Lame is only especially tuned for 44.1khz input, and that inputting anything else will result in a sub-optimal output.

Reply #3
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....indpost&p=65910

Those are trigerring the "unwise" flag:
*shortonly
*noshort
*-k
*scale left different from scale right
*nores
*noath
*athonly
*ath 0
*input sampling rate <=32kHz

So "unwise" will always be set to Yes for your 32khz input

Reply #4
thank you guys