Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio conversion in video files (Read 2472 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio conversion in video files

I capturing from tv(satellite source)in avi format in pcm 48khz-16b.Processing the video is not problem,but when i process the audio in vdub my only good choice is mp3 cbr.How i can somehow encode audio part in something better then mp3cbr.something like ogm or even better aac(i dont know,maybe even heaac couse im recording a sporting event where sound is not primary thing).Point is to squezze audio as much as i can so i have more space for video..
So if somebody knows some good tutorial on veb which will provide me with all details as im not too good with video stuff.
I opened a file in vdubmod and you can see a wave file there...
and i can save that vawe;but if i compress that wave with nero aac for example how to put it back in a file and delete that vave??
also i dont know if audio qnd video will be in suncronization then when i change the format??
Any hint is welcome,good tutorial or explanation even more 

Audio conversion in video files

Reply #1
Doom9 has pretty comprehensive guides(doom9.org). The point is that you need to use some other program to encode your audio than VirtualDub. Here is a quick guide:
1. Save your audio to a separate .wav file using VirtualDub.
2. Set VD to discard audio (audio-no audio) and compress your video file.
3. Compress your .wav file using Nero/OGGDrop/FAAC...
4. Mux your compressed audio to same file with video.

NB
AVI doesn't support Vorbis audio and AAC and VBR MP3 are pretty hackish. Matroska and OGG are recommended as container if you want to use Vorbis audio. Use Matroska if you want AAC audio.