Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: wma9 lossless for archiving CD's (Read 2252 times) previous topic - next topic

wma9 lossless for archiving CD's

I was leaning towards ripping my CD collection to my PC hard drive using wma9 lossless and playing it with the wm player so my Pioneer 59TXi A/V receiver via its USB input can play lossless audio throughout the house. That is untill I read this in the WM player help file.

_QUOTE_________________________________________________________________
"You can only play tracks encoded using Windows Media Audio Lossless on computers. The tracks can be copied to portable devices, but Player converts the tracks to a much smaller size before they are copied to the portable device"

Does anyone know if the WM player compresses the audio before it is streamed out to the USB port?
Al Vorne

wma9 lossless for archiving CD's

Reply #1
It depends on how the receiver is seen in windows. Does it show up as a soundcard? Or perhaps as a network drive?