Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ABX on Foobar? (Read 3326 times) previous topic - next topic

ABX on Foobar?

I've been messing around today, trying to figure out how to work ABX tests and such, and I know that foobar has an ABX tester, so I downloaded the super loaded foobar, but I can't figure out how to run an ABX test on it. Are there any good tutorials or something online that can help me learn to do an ABX test and such?

Please keep in mind i'm new to a lot of this stuff, so lemme know if i'm on the totally wrong track here.
Thanks!

ABX on Foobar?

Reply #1
Running ABX tests in Foobar2000 is easy.  Here's how:

Add the two files you want to ABX to the playlist and highlight them.

Right-click and go to ReplayGain and then click Scan per-file track gain.

Then when the files are still highlighted, right-click and go to ABX two tracks.

That's all there is to it 

ABX on Foobar?

Reply #2
Ah man, I feel really dumb  In EAC i erased the command line by accident. If i wanna make a normal --APS MP3 using LAME 3.90.1 and then 3.96b1, what should the command line read?

ABX on Foobar?

Reply #3
--alt-preset standard %s %d

ABX on Foobar?

Reply #4
Ah man, I feel really dumb  In EAC i erased the command line by accident. If i wanna make a normal --APS MP3 using LAME 3.90.1 and then 3.96b1, what should the command line read?

If you want to be able to do this for this thread you should use 3.90.3.

edit:  If you don't want to do this for that thread don't worry about it . . . although AFAIK 3.90.3 should yield better results then 3.90.1.
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

ABX on Foobar?

Reply #5
Running ABX tests in Foobar2000 is easy.  Here's how:

Add the two files you want to ABX to the playlist and highlight them.

Right-click and go to ReplayGain and then click Scan per-file track gain.

Then when the files are still highlighted, right-click and go to ABX two tracks.

That's all there is to it 

I am missing something.....

Just Download Foobar 0.8 Standard. Followed these instructions for apply replaygain. Then with two files still highlighted, right click and then.....

Where is "ABX", Can't find it in any of the menu choices?

ABX on Foobar?

Reply #6
ABX component only comes with the Special Installer.

Check out the Download page on foobar2000.org
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com