Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: playlist and general ui usability (Read 2005 times) previous topic - next topic

playlist and general ui usability

i looked for the source but i guess its not open, so i will post my ideas in here rather than hack around to clean things up in VS..i really like it, and have for the most part been able to get rid of MPC & Winamp, theres a few things holding me back..

-one reason i switched, besidse the fact that winamp5 now requires a crack, is that mpc will only play 32 and 16 bit wavs, and winamp only 16 and 24, and i have a combination of 16 24 and 32 in equal amounts, foobar is the only one that does this properly. also the MAD plugin in winamp has problems w/ streams, and theres problems that arise when using a combination of MAD & ASIO etc. once again, foobar works great here.
-realaudio works fine in winamp or mpc but not foobar. however...after installing the guliverkli splitters theres a 'realaudio decoder filter' showing up in many of my other driectx/directshow audio apps, so presumably realaudio support could be added to fooobar via proxy by making a generic directshow input plugin, thus skirting any copyright issues with a more 'direct' realaudio support...

and just some ui stuff..
-i can get over the fact that playlist tabs are not one of the right click options like buttons, order, visualization etc. but they really should be.
- i like turning off the main menu, to clean things up...but then you can't access the playlist menu. when you right click on a playlist tab, you get completely different set of options, ideally everything in the main playlist menu would also be available when right clicking on the playlist tab. ditto w/ the playback->order submenu when right clicking over the 'random' button. i realize the program is in a developmental phase where things keep changing..

but really the biggest annoyance is that my radio playlist keeps getting overwritten, in winamp or mpc, i can be sure that my stream bookmarks will be there. but in foobar, every time i do anything, like click on a mp3 in a web browser or file explorer, i have to double check to make sure the radio playlist isnt in front. ive even tried saving the playlist how i wanted it, only to find the saved file disappearing after relaunch, or getting autosaved on exit or something, maybe being able to 'lock' the playlist would solve this...

nice work though, just a few minor ui things (mainly some disorganization that grew out of so many great things being added at once) would allow this app to rule the world!

playlist and general ui usability

Reply #1
but really the biggest annoyance is that my radio playlist keeps getting overwritten...

Can't this be stopped by flagging the "Always send to playlist: (default)" in core prefs?