Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Vorbis 1.0.1 released!? (Read 6954 times) previous topic - next topic

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

seems the waiting is over 

although the release hasnt been anounced officially on xiph.org/vorbis.com till now, there have been windows compiles uploaded on 18th november:

http://www.vorbis.com/files/1.0.1/windows/
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #1
good catch.

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #2
seems interesting,

from http://www.vorbis.com/ot/20030930.html#monty :
Monty did his share for the Vorbis 1.0.1 bugfix release, and he has moved on to more interesting things. He has started work on Vorbis 1.1, which will feature a refined encoder model, not just tuning of existing parameters, and OggFile, among other goodies that will be announced at a later time.

Fans of the Garf-tuned Vorbis encoder will be happy to hear that Monty is using Garf's work wherever he can.

On the low bitrate side, Monty has some tricks up his sleeve to remedy known problems such as the high frequency boost and the poor performance on problem samples such as "Waiting."
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #3
At last some really interesting and optimistic news regarding serious qualitative issues. And I also hope that I will live to see those changes...lately anything other than AAC seems almost abandoned...

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #4
Happy to be a "converted" Vorbis user. Let's keep this thing going.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #5
How do these compare to GT3b1? Do they incorporate Garf's tuning or is GT3b1 still the way to go?

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #6
Do they incorporate Garf's tuning or is GT3b1 still the way to go?

They don't incorporate Garf's tuning

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #7
Do they incorporate Garf's tuning or is GT3b1 still the way to go?

They don't incorporate Garf's tuning

not 1.0.1 ... but 1.1 would incorporate the posible to add ones ...

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #8
How do these compare to GT3b1? Do they incorporate Garf's tuning or is GT3b1 still the way to go?

If Garf decides to incorporate his tunings into 1.0.1 (which he hinted may not be that hard to do), then we'll have the best of both worlds all in one coder.

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #9
Its on the frontpage as of now!

The long wait is over... Time to start ripping my CDs again 

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #10
And I also hope that I will live to see those changes...lately anything other than AAC seems almost abandoned...

oh, come on!
there is much stuff to turn your attention to. on the player site, we have foobar2k and winamp developing quite fast right now.
and on the codec site vorbis just (officially) hit 1.01. nero aac is in motion too, and even lame does some progress (or better, did, before week or so.) it doesn't mean just cause there is not a release by every project, there's no work done!
(ah well, mpc is a differnet case I guess, though the latest news do look promising).
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #11
I have trouble compiling vorbis-tools-1.0.1:

Code: [Select]
audio.o(.data+0x30): undefined reference to `flac_id'
audio.o(.data+0x38): undefined reference to `flac_open'
audio.o(.data+0x3c): undefined reference to `flac_close'
audio.o(.data+0x48): undefined reference to `oggflac_id'
audio.o(.data+0x50): undefined reference to `flac_open'
audio.o(.data+0x54): undefined reference to `flac_close'

I've recompiled flac-1.1.0 and libogg-1.1 but that didn't help.
Any ideas?

PS: the error happens in the final linking stage of oggenc

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #12
Okay..  Apparently there is a bug in the generation of oggenc/Makefileflac.o and easyflac.o must be added for the link stage.

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #13
All 1.0.1 compiles at Rarewares have now been updated.

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #14
All 1.0.1 compiles at Rarewares have now been updated.

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #15
oh, come on!
there is much stuff to turn your attention to. on the player site, we have foobar2k and winamp developing quite fast right now.

I was actually referring to codec changes...

and on the codec site vorbis just (officially) hit 1.01. nero aac is in motion too, and even lame does some progress (or better, did, before week or so.) it doesn't mean just cause there is not a release by every project, there's no work done! (ah well, mpc is a differnet case I guess, though the latest news do look promising).

I never said that there's no work done...just that the progress in the LAME, MPC, Ogg field seem very slow as of lately. Yeah, we do see a bugfixed version from time to time (actually not that often either), but I'm mostly talking about crucial/important quality changes. I do acknowledge that the people behind the aforementioned encoders have a life as well, but at the same time I have to state the obvious...meaning, no sign that we are gonna see a new version any time soon. My intention though is not too sound like an ungrateful bastard.

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #16
My intention though is not too sound like an ungrateful bastard.

didn't want to indicate that either, your statement sounds reasonable.

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #17
I'm glad to hear Monty plans to focus on Vorbis again, 1.1 will be a welcome update with the GT tweaks.
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #18
The link of ogg vorbis dlls at RareWares is not for 1.0.1, still for CVS.

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #19

They are 1.0.1 anyway, CVS hasn't changed for the last few days, except for the formal versioning.

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #20

That's because the link hasn't been updated. Use the link below:

Ogg Vorbis DLLs [1.0.1]

Edit: Changed quote date and time to ISO 8601 format. And thanks for the compiles, john33!

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #21
I knew the correct address. So I just want to tell the link is broken.
Anyway, Thanks Compact Dick.

Vorbis 1.0.1 released!?

Reply #22
I knew the correct address. So I just want to tell the link is broken.
Anyway, Thanks Compact Dick.

Thanks for the notification!!  I've corrected that now. Considering all the changes, I think I did quite well only to miss one!!!