Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Announcing Bubbla - Foobar Visualization (Read 15563 times) previous topic - next topic

Announcing Bubbla - Foobar Visualization

Reply #25
I am using WinXP and an Nvidia GeForce4MX 440.. Any ideas?

Refresh Force?

Reply #26
2) Can you change window title of the visualization window to to Bubbla visualization or something like that, instead of those weird characters?

i had this problem too until i disabled windows styles (control panel>system>advanced>performance>Settings>Visual Effects>Scroll to bottom and un-check "use visual styles on windows and buttons")

im sure not everyone wants to do this though

Reply #27
I use Windows Classic style and have the Themes service disabled, and I see "Bubbla" in the window title bar, but six squares in the taskbar button.

Reply #28
I think it's quite beautiful.

/me 2, geting around 50 fps with this new machine as well. (in fullscreen mode)..
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #29
Have you checked the foobar visualization settings?  It caps the FPS at some limit.  The default is 30.  If yours is set way high, and you're still not happy with the fps, then post your system stats and Biscuit will look into it.

Reply #30
I use Windows Classic style and have the Themes service disabled, and I see "Bubbla" in the window title bar, but six squares in the taskbar button.

Could be related to some charset stuff.

Reply #31
I am using WinXP and an Nvidia GeForce4MX 440.. Any ideas?

Refresh Force?

Thanks, that fixes the frequency change problem. foo_osd still doesn't really work with bubbla, it flashes, but at least I don't have to remember to disable it when I use the viz.. As kode54 says, they aren't compatible so I'm not expecting a fix or anything, just reporting what happens

The new defaults are great btw, much much better than the ones you originally released it with 

Reply #32
I'm pretty sure this isn't a bug report, because lots of other things don't run in OpenGL as well, but I haven't been able to figure out the problem.

When I run Bubbla I get a pop-up that says: "Can't Create a GL Rendering Context".

Does anyone have any advice onto how I'd be able to fix this? (and hopefully, lots of other OpenGL problems)

Computer is:
800MHz Athlon Thunderbird
Abit KT7-R
512MB PC133
Nvidia Ti 4600 w/ latest official Nvidia drivers (from their website).

Reply #33
Very nice.  I've been waiting quietly for some visualization plug-ins trying not to be flamed by foobar2000 lamers.  I'm a big fan of milkdrop, but it's a shame it's not compatible with foobar.

Good work man.

Reply #34
Greenrift... Do *any* openGL applications work on your machine?  It sounds like you're having a lot of trouble.  We've tested it extensively on GeForce4's, so I'd be surprised if it was a problem with Bubbla.  Resolve the rest of your openGL issues and see if Bubbla works.

Reply #35
I think that there will be a new version of Bubbla released any day now.  He's just got to tweak a few things.

Reply #36
it's obvious that Bubbla will eventually turn out to be better than Milkdrop.

to me it is.

Reply #37
Doctor "Seeds", is it?

Or is it Doctor "steal-everything-from-the-sacred-planet-red-Mars?"

Reply #38
It's Seeds.

Reply #39
Then how do you explain this?

Reply #40
  how dare you!

Reply #41
We're waiting.

Reply #42
We're waiting.

dude try to chill...

its not like he is being paid for his work

Reply #43
dude try to chill...

its not like he is being paid for his work

actually, he is being paid for his work.

paid in lots and lots of blood and Quinn guts slopping around all over the place.

Reply #44
0.1rc2 released; thread continued here.

Reply #45
It's a good thing the mess hall has a drain in it so we can wash those guts down it.

Reply #46
Very nice.  I've been waiting quietly for some visualization plug-ins trying not to be flamed by foobar2000 lamers.  I'm a big fan of milkdrop, but it's a shame it's not compatible with foobar.

Good work man.

nothing wrong with visual plugins - just because I personally think that a constant seekbar, buttons, or these kind of visual things are complete waste of space and CPU cycles does not mean that I make any negative comments on people that want to have them. Those kind of comments and attitudes are disgustingly close minded and foolish, no one is forcing you to use them unlike some other media players.

Reply #47
Visual plugins are only as much of a waste of CPU cycles as playing mp3's or ogg's in the first place.  It's just another form of sensory stimulation.  Some people want to add that second sense into the mix, that's all.  If you don't want to, then you don't have to download it.  Everybody wins!  Wooooo! 

Reply #48
nothing wrong with visual plugins - just because I personally think that a constant seekbar, buttons, or these kind of visual things are complete waste of space and CPU cycles does not mean that I make any negative comments on people that want to have them. Those kind of comments and attitudes are disgustingly close minded and foolish, no one is forcing you to use them unlike some other media players.

I listen to a lot of trance music, and having ultra weird crazy ass visualization adds to the experience.  I can understand that if you only listen to rap or rock music, visualization is not very appealing.