Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Convolver for 64 bit v2.1.2 (Read 1593 times) previous topic - next topic

Convolver for 64 bit v2.1.2

I was able to find all the components I need to run 64 bit v2.1.2 other than convolver (Convolver-fb2k.component), which I require for both room correction and EQing a variety of headphones.

Is there a different component available at this time that works, or is there any reason a 64 bit version of convolver is not, or will not be, available?

Thanks!

Re: Convolver for 64 bit v2.1.2

Reply #2
I'll be honest - I have no idea how to convert a mono impulse for EQ for use with the stereo convolver. When I tried using it as-is it just turned all my stereo music into mono. I'm also already using the stereo convolver for something else and I don't think it automatically adjusts gain like the old convolver component did. The page for the old convolver says it was made by Peter, is that a different Peter than the creator of foobar2000 itself? I think that having a convolver that readily accepts EQ impulses you can find online (for headphones) without conversion is a very important feature. The stereo convolver is more useful for something like crossfeed.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #3
The original convolver was made by Garf, but he donated the sources to Peter. As far as I know the core part of the component uses some ancient Intel library that is only available in 32-bits. The component can't be just recompiled to get 64-bit support.

Reply #4
Oh wow, I had no idea. That kinda sucks. Now I need to figure out how to convert mono EQ impulses for use in the stereo convolver...
Thank you for the info!

Reply #5
But what about someone to recompile opensource foo_dsp_convolver for 64 bit?

Reply #7
Thanks Case that was fast!!

Reply #8
Whoa, I had no idea that one existed. I'll have to try it out! Thank you again, Case.

Reply #9
Thanks, Case!