Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Direct sound support in 1.6x (Read 1265 times) previous topic - next topic

Direct sound support in 1.6x

Hello,
As of foobar 1.6, native direct sound support has been abandoned. I wonder why. Yes, wasapi gives a lot of possibilities, for example lower latency, but there are some sound cards that only support direct sound. I don't have any, and I'm very happy with the wasapi in foobar2000, because it works just fine. However, I think that there should still be a choice between direct sound and wasapi, if it is not built-in in the form of an external component. This is just my opinion. Is there any component at all to add direct sound to 1.6x? I was looking for it, but I couldn't find it, it probably doesn't exist yet.
greetings

Re: Direct sound support in 1.6x

Reply #2
but there are some sound cards that only support direct sound.
What. It doesn't make any sense.
Hmm, maybe someone told me something wrong, or I misunderstood the information. Thanks for the rectification.
I am not a native English speaker and maybe I have misunderstood something