Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ♦ How to Capitlize Each Word in Track Titles? ♦ CUETools/Ripper 2.1.7 (Read 11355 times) previous topic - next topic

♦ How to Capitlize Each Word in Track Titles? ♦ CUETools/Ripper 2.1.7

Hello Everyone  :)

I am a bit familiar deploying CUETools, mostly as a result of the excellent assistance by forum members, here. However, this is my first time out ripping CD's with CUERipper (2.1.7). Is it possible to capitalize each word of CD-track titles, all in one fell swoop- much like it is done within Exact Audio Copy?

In addition, my first two rips were unsuccessful, the resultant FLAC files being full of audible "pops". Most probable cause? Is this problem usually hardware or software-related?

Operating system Windows 7 x64, Terratec DMX 6 Fire soundcard, ASUS DRW-24B5ST CD/DVD-writer.

Thank you.

Re: ♦ How to Capitlize Each Word in Track Titles? ♦ CUETools/Ripper 2.1.7

Reply #1
If you manually typed those tags you can do that afterwards, most tag editors can do that. Otherwise it might be a good idea to switch from CDDB to MusicBrainz (or Discogs) since this has high quality and consisting data for many CDs available. No need to edit them.

Can't answer for those "pops", were those rips accurate?

Reply #3
If you manually typed those tags you can do that afterwards, most tag editors can do that. Otherwise it might be a good idea to switch from CDDB to MusicBrainz (or Discogs) since this has high quality and consisting data for many CDs available. No need to edit them.

Can't answer for those "pops", were those rips accurate?

Thank you, it was quick enough to use mp3tag, which I am familiar with, but was hoping to circumvent the extra steps needed. Will invesigate your other proposals too.

Yes, rips were accurate. I have noticed, just now, that the pops disapeared after could have been a reboot. Not a ripping problem then. Still keeping a look-out for the cause.

Reply #4
the resultant FLAC files being full of audible "pops". Most probable cause? Is this problem usually hardware or software-related?
Troublesome CD? Try another one?

Thank you. I ripped the same CD twice, followed by another CD altogether. It was upon comparing the three rips that I noticed that the pops had somewhow disappeared. I am uneasy carrying on, the cause unknown.

Reply #5
So you probably had your CPU (or HD i/o) so occupied that playback suffered.

Reply #6
So you probably had your CPU (or HD i/o) so occupied that playback suffered.

Yes, quite possibly so. I have since also removed the onboard soundcard driver. Thank you for your input.