Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer (Read 58523 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer

Reply #175
Love this component, but just a couple of anomalies:

Even though I have tooltips turned on, I don't get a readout of the note frequency when I hover over a frequency bar, like I did with the old Musical Spectrum. Any way to do this?

Also, the vertical Octave divider lines don't coincide exactly with the actual frequency bars, which look kinda messy. If there's a setting I'm missing, please let me know. I'm trying to get as close to the old Musical Spectrum settings I had, as possible.

Reply #176
Another weird one, it seems to lag significantly behind the audio, what's the setting I need to adjust to get it in sync with the music?

Reply #177
Another weird one, it seems to lag significantly behind the audio, what's the setting I need to adjust to get it in sync with the music?
While there is no such thing as "Reaction alignment" parameter as in foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer, you can lower the FFT size to 4096 or lower to get better sync through it loses the frequency resolution and also, the amount of delay ahead actual playback in proportion of FFT size parameter is exactly the same as this relevant CodePen project with something like "delay compensation" enabled

BTW, I would assume that if IIR filter bank mode is added, the filter bank-based musical spectrum doesn't have this problem of lagging behind the audio and have equal resolution for all frequencies in logarithmic frequency scale

Reply #178
Feature request (for another FR to display multiple channels at once): Treat stereo pairs or Mid/Side representations as complex numbers for FFT input data

As in the Codepen project " Spectrum analyzer and spectrogram using custom FFT ", the first graph is as it is but the second one is exactly the same as one but flipped (looking at "negative" frequencies) in FFT bin index ordering