Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: VST plugins under Windows 10 (Read 3746 times) previous topic - next topic

VST plugins under Windows 10

Under windows 7 x64, I've used foo_vst.dll with fb2k to host voxengo's tube amp dll and it's fantastic. (as an aside, this is input to a solid state sound system - spdif output from computer into Musical Fidelity V-dac into NAD C326BEE. I've run blind tests with a few people who are big time audiophiles, and they swear they are listening to a tube amp costing multiples of the NAD price)
So, I recently set up a dual boot with Windows 10 x64 and installed fb2k. That part is fine, but I cannot get foo_vst.dll to load the tube amp DLL.    wwaaaahhhhhhh.....

Anyone care to hazard a guess why this might be?  thanks - mark a

Reply #1
Working pretty well here. Win 10 64 bit, FB2K 1.3.9 beta 4, Voxengo TubeAmp 2.5 (32 bit VST), VST Adapter 2.4 (build 0.9.0.3). Crashes sometimes when changing settings, but if you just load a preset and leave it, it works great. Make sure it's the 32 bit VST you are using.

Reply #2
Working pretty well here. Win 10 64 bit, FB2K 1.3.9 beta 4, Voxengo TubeAmp 2.5 (32 bit VST), VST Adapter 2.4 (build 0.9.0.3). Crashes sometimes when changing settings, but if you just load a preset and leave it, it works great. Make sure it's the 32 bit VST you are using.

Checked everything again, and somehow in Preferences->Playback->DSP Manager, voxengo was not on the active list. It did get set initially so.... ?        Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Reply #3
No problems here, either. Using Windows 10 Pro x64. Since Foobar2000 is a 32-bit program be sure to use 32-bit VST plugins, not 64-bit. I have them installed into
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins
is used for 64-bit VST, which I use with Audition.