Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Which track's artwork is displayed? (Read 1227 times) previous topic - next topic

Which track's artwork is displayed?

I am a new user of foobar2000, a refugee from the recently abandoned Winamp.

Both Winamp and foobar2000 display a playlist, and allow the user to select a different track from the one currently playing.  Both Winamp and foobar2000 provide an album artwork display pane.  In Winamp, the artwork displayed is always that of the track playing, which always made sense to me.  In foobar2000 however, the artwork displayed depends on whether or not the Windows focus is on the foobar2000 window or elsewhere.  If the focus is elsewhere, then the artwork displayed is that of the track playing, just as in Winamp.  But if the focus is on the foobar2000 window, then the artwork displayed switches to that of the selected track, even if it is not the one playing.  (Of course, if no track is selected, then the the artwork of the track playing is always displayed.)

I find this switching around of which artwork is displayed to be confusing, and would like to configure foobar2000 to always display the artwork of the playing track, regardless of which window has the focus.  How can I configure that?

- Rich

Which track's artwork is displayed?

Reply #1
Try:

Preferences -> Display -> Selection Viewers -> Prefer currently playing track