Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help processing mobile phone audio file (Read 5693 times) previous topic - next topic

Help processing mobile phone audio file

Hi All, I am  new member looking for some help.

I have some Audio files that have been recorded they were originally froma mobile phone recording they have been played with by myself to try & extract the voice from them but now I am affraid that i will mess them up even more they are of a sensitive nature but I need it confirmed if there are human voices on there and if possible can someone correct the playback rate for me as I am now in a mess & need to try to find out what if anything is being said.

I am hoping that someone will allow me to email them to them so thay can possibly help me.

Kind Regards,

Simon

Reply #1
Make at least one copy of each file, and never open the original.  You can't possibly mess it up then.

Try opening the file in VLC, and tell us what the codec details are (Ctrl+J).
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
Make at least one copy of each file, and never open the original.  You can't possibly mess it up then.

Thanks just did that and the codec is
araw or mpga as i got 2 copies of it but its not the original i accidentaly deleted all of them and afetr recovering the originals they are corrupted some how so i only got wsome left that i am afraid to toucjh so am after some help.

Many Thanks for the reply,

Simon

Reply #3

Thanks just did that and the codec is
araw or mpga as i got 2 copies of it but its not the original i accidentaly deleted all of them and afetr recovering the originals they are corrupted some how so i only got wsome left that i am afraid to toucjh so am after some help.

Many Thanks for the reply,

Simon

Hi Sorry Guys if I emailed the file could someone listen to one of them & try to clean it for me please there is another voice on there i need to try and clear up so i can here it it sounds like somone is talking through a computter generated thing very strange as the other voice is nearly very clear,

Thanks,

Simon

Reply #4
Hi, Really sorry to ask again but is there any chance someone can help me with these please?

I can email a small file first so it can be listened to & see if it is possible to clean it up anymore .

I really would appreciate any help offered.

The original amr recordings off the phone were deleted from my recycle bin in error I used a software recovery tool but all it found was the converted to mp3 ones I can't find anything on the hard drive at all that says for example 'Recording 0001 AMR' which was the original file name so all I have is mp3 formats but for some reason now the rest will not render when I try to playthem back.

Thanks for taking the time to read this topic I hope someone out there can help,

Simon

Reply #5
I would suggest using Audacity and it's noise reduction filters and EQ.

(edit) and became ant, so I corrected it
TAPE LOADING ERROR

Reply #6
Hi, thanks for the reply I have tried using 3different sound editing sidware including the one you have just mentioned but really got no where with regards to making the file sound better in fact I was making it much worse

I am not very good with this kind if thing obviously lol

Regards

Simon

Reply #7
Hi All, Well I am still struggling can anyone please be prepared to have a listen to them for me Plesae.

I am really desperate now !

Regards,

Simon

Reply #8
There is a dedicated subforum for Uploads. Create a thread there for the snippet you want to have listened and upload a small sample audio file. Then create links in both this and the other thread so that the discussion can continue here.

That said, it is probably not easy to magically make reappear spoken word in a recording when it is covered with noise so deeply that you don't manage to understand whether there is language in it at all.

Reply #9
There is a dedicated subforum for Uploads. Create a thread there for the snippet you want to have listened and upload a small sample audio file. Then create links in both this and the other thread so that the discussion can continue here.

That said, it is probably not easy to magically make reappear spoken word in a recording when it is covered with noise so deeply that you don't manage to understand whether there is language in it at all.

O.k Many Thanks,

here are the clips uploaded here

My Audio Upload

Hope someone can help me finally,

Regards,

Simon

Reply #10
Hi all,

This is regarding my original post from here

Original Thread?

some samples as requested,

Hope someone can help theer is talking I just need to get the voice enhanced & playback rate  right

its a female voice and possible a males on some occassions,

Regards,

Simon

Hi, a long time since I been on here guys but anyone can please try and clean up for me especially the first 2

Reply #11
Hats off to anyone who can discern even one word in those!

I listened to the first and third and they didn't even sound like voices at all! Sounds like the sort of random noise that Ghost Hunters look for words in with their voice recorders.

I wouldn't waste a moment on it without being convinced it even contained voices and having some idea of the way it was recorded and where the voices were supposed to have been in relation to that location.

If I were in the FBI on TV or in the movies, of course, I'd just say "enhance" to my computer and magically get clean audio. :P
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD