Corrupt Voice Recorder Files. Can I repair these....? 2013-02-22 22:40:30 Ok I have spent days now doing search after search after search on this issue I am having. I use the built in voice recorder app on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus to record various lectures and things of that nature. 90% of the time the recordings come out just fine. The other 10% of the time I am left with either a file that will show it is playing, but no audio appears to be present or a file that plays nothing but this god awful white noise like I recorded a lawnmower or a generator or somthen. I have gotten lucky repairing a few of the files with a hex editor but it was just that....luck. After searching the internet I think the problem is the internal storage that the phone is writing to. Something happens during the write process. Below is the MediaInfo for one of the files that plays nothing but noise....GeneralComplete name : C:\Users\Administrator.OLGWARROOM2\Desktop\130221164427i.3gpFormat : MPEG-4Format profile : 3GPP Media Release 4Codec ID : 3gp4File size : 1.28 MiBDuration : 13mn 56sOverall bit rate mode : ConstantOverall bit rate : 12.8 KbpsAudioID : 1Format : AMRFormat/Info : Adaptive Multi-RateFormat profile : Narrow bandCodec ID : samrDuration : 13mn 56sBit rate mode : ConstantBit rate : 12.8 KbpsChannel(s) : 1 channelSampling rate : 8 000 HzBit depth : 13 bitsStream size : 1.28 MiB (100%)Title : SoundHandleWriting library : Language : EnglishI imported the audio into audacity as is and the as raw data but both times I get the 'tube' of noise. Again, I repaired one of these by pure luck once before but I have no idea how. The hex dump shows tons of data and the header appears to be right but then again, Ive noticed that the headers are never exactly the same even with fully working files from my voice recorder. Can someone tell me how I can go about repairing these files to remove the noise, or at least remove enough of it to find the actual voice audio. I have downloaded every piece of editing software on the planet to try and fix these files but I just don't have the expertise really understand what I need to do. I can provide and info that is necessary. Thank you guys in advance for any help or suggestions.