For use at home:
- The same quality N, because I want things to sound the same as on the CD but I don't want to waste more space than necessary.
- The next higher quality setting (e.g. -q N+1 for Vorbis, -V N-1 for LAME, etc.), because I want to take a safe margin. After all I didn't check all music in the world.
- Even higher quality than the previous option, because I'm paranoid or because I want to accomodate for people with better ears (please post: how much higher?).
- The next lower-quality setting than from my tests (e.g. -V N+1 for LAME, -q N-1 for Vorbis, etc.), because the few audible differences I hear at that setting don't annoy me and I like to shave off 16-32kbps.
- Even lower quality than the previous option, because I find efficiency more important than perceived quality (please post: how far down would you go?).
- My choice is not listed above (please post).
Total Members Voted: 58