Skip to main content
Topic: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion (Read 121658 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion

Reply #325
Re stream titles-
It's been requested before, I really wish I could do it but there doesn't seem to be a way - without breaking gapless playback at least.

What about HTTP streaming and metadata? For example: https://www.unified-streaming.com/blog/how-make-your-media-streams-smarter-using-timed-metadata

In the console there are messages like
[UPnP] HTTP request #3: HTTP/1.1 GET /3/stream.flac
[UPnP] HTTP concurrency: 1

Is the stream implemented as HTTP stream?

Reply #326
Thanks Peter, no more XML error, the playback still don't start.
the console is displaying this loop :
 [UPnP] Transport state: TRANSITIONING
[UPnP] Returned time: 00:00:00
Thanks for testing.

Looks like the device is trying to fetch the whole stream content, instead of playing it as a live stream.

Please try if one of these configs make any difference:
Code: [Select]
model=gmediarender
forced-format=LPCM

model=gmediarender
forced-format=FLAC

Reply #327
What about HTTP streaming and metadata? For example: https://www.unified-streaming.com/blog/how-make-your-media-streams-smarter-using-timed-metadata

In the console there are messages like
[UPnP] HTTP request #3: HTTP/1.1 GET /3/stream.flac
[UPnP] HTTP concurrency: 1

Is the stream implemented as HTTP stream?
Yes, it's a HTTP stream. A minimal HTTP server is started, presenting played audio as a live HTTP stream; the target device gets asked to play the stream.
I thought of shoutcast style live HTTP metadata before, but it's a long shot - UPnP AV specification requires metadata to be passed with the URL to be played; the devices will probably ignore HTTP metadata and just keep showing UPnP AV metadata. I'll keep this in mind for a future update.

Reply #328
Thanks Peter, no more XML error, the playback still don't start.
the console is displaying this loop :
 [UPnP] Transport state: TRANSITIONING
[UPnP] Returned time: 00:00:00
Thanks for testing.

Looks like the device is trying to fetch the whole stream content, instead of playing it as a live stream.

Please try if one of these configs make any difference:
model=gmediarender
forced-format=LPCM

model=gmediarender
forced-format=FLAC
"Unrecoverable playback error: This device does not support forced-format of LPCM"
Same error for forced FLAC

Reply #329
Yes, it's a HTTP stream. A minimal HTTP server is started, presenting played audio as a live HTTP stream; the target device gets asked to play the stream.
I thought of shoutcast style live HTTP metadata before, but it's a long shot - UPnP AV specification requires metadata to be passed with the URL to be played; the devices will probably ignore HTTP metadata and just keep showing UPnP AV metadata. I'll keep this in mind for a future update.

Depending on how challenging it would be to implement I think it could be worth a shot :)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019