Skip to main content
Topic: Way to 'View' Album list by date added/date created from UI selection?? (Read 132 times) previous topic - next topic

Way to 'View' Album list by date added/date created from UI selection??

I know i can 'search' Album list with Syntax example of:

%added% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS   or
 %last_modified% AFTER 2019-03

However i was hoping for a simple way to just Sort my 'Album List' by Date Added or Date Created ect on top of the Default 'View' behaviour options of:

Folder Structure
Artist
Album
Genre
Year
Artist/Album

I often sort through my Music within Windows by Date Created or Date Modified by using simple Columns within Explorer and i know i can sort this way within Foobar 'Playlist View' for a given Playlist.

Surely their is an option/way/Component addon to this seemingly simple thing?

Re: Way to 'View' Album list by date added/date created from UI selection??

Reply #1
use Facets and column heading>statistics

Re: Way to 'View' Album list by date added/date created from UI selection??

Reply #2
Hi there,

Just to note, Facets makes it easy, but it is also possible in Album List. You can make new views in Preferences > Media Library > Album List.

You need the assist of foo_dynfil (Dynamic Fields) component, to calculate the date difference. See thread here, reply #1 for method, and #19 for code example for Album List view. That one for %added%.

For %last_modified% would need a second dynamic field, using %now% to get current date, and a similar $ifgreater to compare it...

...Sorry I do not have the energy to summon the exact code right now, but perhaps you can figure it out. ;)

Cheers

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019