Skip to main content

Topic: TAudioConverter (Read 201028 times) previous topic - next topic

mhussain and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
  • ozok
  • [*][*][*][*]
TAudioConverter
Reply #750
0.9.7 changes:
Code: [Select]
-Added: [CueSheet] Genre and date tags will be extracted
-Added: [General] Replaced refalac with ffmpeg as alac encoder
-Fixed: [General] Folder tree options weren't used if "Same as Source" button was checked
-Fixed: [CueSheet] Default output file name will be generate from tags instead of wave file
-Fixed: [CueSheet] Value shown in "Title" column in file list was wrong
-Fixed: [CueSheet] Padding applied to extracted duration information was wrong in some cases
-Removed: RefAlac from the package
-Removed: Ads from installers

Download
Source

@Wombat thanks for the suggestion. I can't guarantee it but I'll take a look.
@o-l-a-v thanks.

@francesco do you mean like silence detection?

• francesco
  • [*][*][*][*]
TAudioConverter
Reply #751
@francesco do you mean like silence detection?

yes , and the possibility to delete silence

• Vivadavid
  • [*]
TAudioConverter
Reply #752
Hello, Ozok,

The other day, I learnt there's something called DTS-HD and I found that programmes like tsMuxer are able to extract the DTS part and discard the "extended information" without having to reencode. I was also interested to know if converting into AC3, either from the original DTS-HD or from the DTS makes a difference, and I found different opinions. Having said that, I'd like to ask you and know your opinion (and anybody's) about three issues:

1. My first question is more general: transcoding from the DTS-HD makes the AC3 "better" (whatever this word means), considering the DTS-HD contains way more information than the DTS, or it doesn't make any difference considering a lot of data is lost anyway when transcoding into AC3?

2. Someone said in a particular forum that, with some programmes, you have to force the codec to read the whole DTS-HD in order to convert the track to a different format, as otherwise, it only reads the DTS part. I was wondering if Tau would read the whole DTS-HD before transcoding, as I couldn't find information about it.

3. Finally, would you considering adding a button you can click to just demux the DTS part of a DTS-HD? If TAu can do this already, I was unable to find it.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

TAudioConverter
Reply #753
1. My first question is more general: transcoding from the DTS-HD makes the AC3 "better" (whatever this word means), considering the DTS-HD contains way more information than the DTS, or it doesn't make any difference considering a lot of data is lost anyway when transcoding into AC3?

Using the full DTS-HD as the source instead of the DTS core is "better" in the sense that the DTS-HD is closer to the original master than the DTS core. This doesn't mean that you will ever be able to hear the difference between the two, but I would choose the DTS-HD for peace of mind.

• Vivadavid
  • [*]
TAudioConverter
Reply #754
Thank you, Octocontrabass,

I think I would also try to transcode from the DTS-HD, although I still wonder if there would be much of a difference, as information is lost anyway when transcoding to AC3. And also, I'm still concerned, as somebody mentioned in a different forum, that the programme must be properly configured to read that extra information contained in the DTS-HD: otherwise, apparently it only reads the DTS part.

I wonder what Ozok and others might think about it.

Using the full DTS-HD as the source instead of the DTS core is "better" in the sense that the DTS-HD is closer to the original master than the DTS core. This doesn't mean that you will ever be able to hear the difference between the two, but I would choose the DTS-HD for peace of mind.

• o-l-a-v
  • [*][*][*]
TAudioConverter
Reply #755
0.9.8 changes (11.01.2015)

Code: [Select]
-Added: [General] An option to switch between codecs and presets
-Added: [General] Presets for AC3, ALAC, FLAC, Mp3, MPC and WMA
-Fixed: [General] A few small bugs
-Updated: Skin component to 9.19
-Updated: WMA and Mp4 tag libraries
-Updated: FLAC to 1.3.1
-Updated: FDKAAC to 0.6.1
-Updated: MediaInfo to 0.7.71
  • Last Edit: 23 January, 2015, 02:33:07 AM by o-l-a-v

• eahm
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
TAudioConverter
Reply #756
You should add LossyWAV (FLAC, TAK, WV, WMALSL).

Any thoughts?

Also the "*" on Nero AAC Encoder and on Apple Lossless? And maybe add the option for refalac instead of qaac for Apple Lossless?

Thanks
  • Last Edit: 25 February, 2015, 12:55:24 PM by eahm

• eahm
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
TAudioConverter
Reply #757
*Just saw the lossyWAV option. Nevermind that.

You should add an option to remove the source after the conversion, only dBpoweramp of the ones I tried has it and it can be useful sometimes.
  • Last Edit: 25 February, 2015, 04:13:30 PM by eahm

• darkflame23
  • [*][*][*]
TAudioConverter
Reply #758
I'm trying to extract the different audio streams directly from a DVD with TAC, however, when I add the DVD with the "File" "Add File/Folder/Folder Tree" etc., it takes ages reading things, but then after it's finished, no files are there in the main window for me to select and copy. Any ideas? Should I copy the DVD to the hard drive first? I am trying to add .VOB files.

• lamia-w
  • [*]
TAudioConverter
Reply #759
@ozok, give an example of the profile (* .ini) for qaac (cbr, cbr, vbr, abr), please
  • Last Edit: 18 April, 2015, 05:44:09 AM by lamia-w

• lamia-w
  • [*]
TAudioConverter
Reply #760
for example: "Qaac TVBR 127 - Stereo - 44100Hz.ini "
  • Last Edit: 18 April, 2015, 08:52:08 AM by lamia-w

• eahm
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
TAudioConverter
Reply #761
Typo here: http://www.fosshub.com/TAudioConverter.html

64bit 0.9.9 has two Installer, one is Portable.
  • Last Edit: 09 October, 2015, 03:27:12 AM by eahm

• sebus
  • [*]
Re: TAudioConverter
Reply #762
How to get encoding to use qaac via Apple Lossless Audio Codec - ALAC - Stereo - 44100.ini preset?

It seems to use ffmpeg version N-72709-g42db4aa Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg developers
anyway!

sebus

• o-l-a-v
  • [*][*][*]
Re: TAudioConverter
Reply #763
How to get encoding to use qaac via Apple Lossless Audio Codec - ALAC - Stereo - 44100.ini preset?

It seems to use ffmpeg version N-72709-g42db4aa Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg developers
anyway!

sebus
I think this project can be considered dead. You'll have better luck using foobar2000 for ALAC encoding with QAAC.
Foobar: http://www.foobar2000.org/download
QAAC: https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabinet