Skip to main content
Topic: Right earbud's volume lowers under certain circumstances (Read 557 times) previous topic - next topic

Right earbud's volume lowers under certain circumstances

I recently brought an Audio Technica ATH-CKS55Xi and i noticed something odd.

Certain actions such as tilting the microphone horizontally towards the right earpiece or placing the cord on top of my laptop while doing something on the computer (eg. when opening a page) lower the right ear piece's volume . It also does not affect the left earpiece.

I suspect it's caused by a change in magnetic field, but that only sort of explains the laptop one, not why tilting the mic changes it as well. Doing the same thing to my Apple Earpods don't yield the same result, nor do i remember having such problems with my previous earphones/headphones.

Is this normal for Earbuds?

Right earbud's volume lowers under certain circumstances

Reply #1
I recently brought an Audio Technica ATH-CKS55Xi and i noticed something odd.

Certain actions such as tilting the microphone horizontally towards the right earpiece or placing the cord on top of my laptop while doing something on the computer (eg. when opening a page) lower the right ear piece's volume . It also does not affect the left earpiece.

I suspect it's caused by a change in magnetic field, but that only sort of explains the laptop one, not why tilting the mic changes it as well. Doing the same thing to my Apple Earpods don't yield the same result, nor do i remember having such problems with my previous earphones/headphones.

Is this normal for Earbuds?

More likely a bad connection somewhere. Those TRRS plugs and jacks can be a little troublesome sometimes.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020