Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: m-TAGS component (foo_tags) (Read 91981 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: m-TAGS component (foo_tags)

Reply #350
I use this component for backup purposes only between two disks.
But i thing there is a problem when m-tags files already exists in folders because it seams that it can't overwrite ( although i have check it to do so ) the old files with the updated tags.
So i have to delete the old files and create new every time i want to make a backup.
Also when i have lyrics in a tag m-tags only writes a dot (.) . Is this normal.
Anyway thanks for this great plugin and i hope in future development.

Reply #351
I want to use this component for backup purposes only between two disks.
But i thing there is a problem when m-tags files already exists in folders because it seams that it can't overwrite ( although i have check it to do so ) the old files with the updated tags.
So i have to delete the old files and create new every time i want to make a backup.
Also when i have lyrics in a tag m-tags only writes a dot (.) . Is this normal.
Anyway thanks for this great plugin and i hope in future development.
sorry i made a mistake in the first line

Reply #352
I had no issues with m-tags this far though today I noticed it was somewhat broken. While it still displays tracks perfectly fine it only shows about a third of all indexed files when I have the filter on artists rather than year, album title or genre. Is there any way to resolve this issue without having to re-add every single !.tags file?

Artist: https://i.imgur.com/6FBMkvT.png
Album title: https://i.imgur.com/G8peV0Q.png
Year: https://i.imgur.com/YCs77pt.png

Reply #353
I had no issues with m-tags this far though today I noticed it was somewhat broken. While it still displays tracks perfectly fine it only shows about a third of all indexed files when I have the filter on artists rather than year, album title or genre. Is there any way to resolve this issue without having to re-add every single !.tags file?

Artist: https://i.imgur.com/6FBMkvT.png
Album title: https://i.imgur.com/G8peV0Q.png
Year: https://i.imgur.com/YCs77pt.png
Never mind. Just had to remove the Artist tab and add it and it was back to normal.

Reply #354
Thanks @luigimercurio, m-TAGS seems to be exactly what I needed to make compilations with individual tagging and cover without the burden of having duplicate files.

But how do I export these virtual albums?

File Operations > Copy to... only copies the !.tags and !.tags.front.bin files. So I use Convert to create the new files with applied tagging. Apart from the occasional "Could not attach image/File in use" bug this works as expected and seems a good choice in case of FLAC to FLAC or FLAC to lossy. But I want to avoid transcoding from lossy origin files, so how would I do that?

Reply #355
How can I set up saving music files in a folder without using file Explorer? It's terribly inconvenient to scroll through all the subfolders until you get to the right one

Reply #356
More questions how to create a file not unix and Windows?How do I create my own tag? How do I add it to filters so that the database is indexed by m-tags?

Reply #357
I love this plugin, but I have found a bug related to how album art is displayed: In a generated m-tags file, the 'Properties > Artwork' panel will show attached album artwork for every song except the first song. As soon as I go to play the first song, the album art seemingly disappears. I have confirmed this behavior by adding a blank tag to the beginning of a .tags file, and the same behavior occurs. What is even even more bizarre is if I create a duplicate tag entry with the same '@' reference as the first song in the .tag file, it also fails to display the album art when played. I have illustrated a few examples below:

In this example, both 02.mp3 and 03.mp3 display the album art while playing, but 01.mp3 fails to display it.

Code: [Select]
[
   {
      "@" : "01.mp3",
   },
   {
      "@" : "02.mp3",
   },
   {
      "@" : "03.mp3",
   },
]

In this example, only 02.mp3 would display the album art.

[
   {
   },
   {
   },
   {
   },
]

So far, the below example is the only solution I can find -- adding a blank tag to the beginning of the file. This allows all 3 songs to display properly.

[
   {
   },
   {
   },
   {
   },
   {
      "@" : "03.mp3",
   },
]

I'm unsure if this is a quirk of a newer version of foobar, but trying the same setup on a fresh copy of foobar2000 yields the same result. Has anyone else observed this behavior, and is there some way to change it?

Reply #358
I'm using this great component for several things. One of them involves a folder with many media files in it. So I end up with a single !.tags file containing all relevant information. So far so good.

My question is: how do I doo when I want to add media files to that same folder? I wish there was a way to add these new media files to the already existing !.tags file, without having to delete it and rescan everything all over again. Any suggestions ?

Reply #359
I figured out the solution to my issue. This seems to be a bug in m-tags itself, as it will not query the album art for any file ending in a known file extension if it is the first track in the .tags file, or in a .tags files that contains only one track. My fix was to change the referenced file extension to the URL encoding reference format (e.g. test.mp3 becomes test.%6D%70%33). This has fixed album art appearing for all of my radio stream URLs that ended in a file format, mostly .ogg, .aac, and .mp3.

For anyone else lurking who has encountered this issue, I have pasted the URL encoded extensions below:

.aac = %61%61%63
.ogg = %6F%67%67
.mp3 = %6D%70%33

Reply #360
Good to know! As for my issue, @luigimercurio hasn't been active since 2018 :( Has anybody taken over on this project, or can somebody do it ?...

I'm using this great component for several things. One of them involves a folder with many media files in it. So I end up with a single !.tags file containing all relevant information. So far so good.

My question is: how do I do when I want to add media files to that same folder? I wish there was a way to add these new media files to the already existing !.tags file, without having to delete it and rescan everything all over again. Any suggestions ?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020